Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Three wives of Presidents of the United States have sponsored submarines. Mrs. Dwight D. Eisenhower christened the USS NAUTILUS, Mrs. John F. Kennedy christened the USS LAFAYETTE and Mrs. Hillary Clinton christened the USS Columbia SSN771 in 1995.
For Patti and a few others.....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2009-09-25 5:28 PM (#31163)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For Patti and a few others.....

You're not the only one who will have a retired Chief sleeping in your house tonight!

Ah, yes. My nephew is retired from a Naval career, and is coming (in fact is here in town) to stay with me for at least this weekend. He is coming to attend his 50th (I think) high school reunion. On Wednesday he attended his ship's reunion, then got in his car and drove all the way here from California. I think he lives near San Diego.

I know he will be busy at the different events, but it will be fun having him here and visiting with him. He is the son of my oldest brother. My brother and his wife are deceased, so Aunt Cora will have to do.

Maybe I'll even get him to post here for y'all. He's not a submariner; don't know what kind of ship he was on.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-09-26 2:24 PM
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-09-25 6:04 PM (#31165 - in reply to #31163)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I feel your family pride

Knowing that you come from a family with a strong military tradition (just look at Elmer's service with the Greatest Generation...that's enough pride for any family...Just GREAT.). And the good Chief is damn lucky to have been issued you as his Aunt...Take care...enjoy the visit and find an opportunity when you are alone and cannot be heard or disturbed. and tell him "one on one" how proud you are, of him. DEX
Corabelle
Posted 2009-09-25 7:00 PM (#31166 - in reply to #31165)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: I feel your family pride

Corabelle mistaken about my rating,not a chief, but PO1. I served on a LST and Destroyer. Did two tours Veitnam. served from 1958 to 1977.

Bob Brenner

Corabelle
Posted 2009-09-25 7:04 PM (#31167 - in reply to #31166)

COMSUBBBS

And, obviously he's a man of few words!

Cora
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-09-25 7:22 PM (#31169 - in reply to #31166)

Master and Commander

Thanks for your service Bob.
OBTW,there are a few of us retarded first classes
hanging out here.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-25 7:34 PM (#31170 - in reply to #31166)
COMSUBBBS

And Bob, don't believe a word Cora tells you about us because it's all true. We love her though and she is family. Give her a big hug for all of us.
steamboat
Posted 2009-09-26 4:05 AM (#31172 - in reply to #31166)
Master and Commander

Gator Navy and Tin Cans... the 2 longest steaming, wave-hopping, hardest working branches of the good 'ol US of N!! What was your rating, Bob? Grab a cup of black and bitter and stick around awhile and swap some NTINS sea stories with this motley crew of old pharts.
Watch Aunt Cora, though... she has her eye on a couple of of the denizens of the deep hereabouts!
Steamboat sends
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software