Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Helm, bridge...what are you doing 60 degrees off course?" "Bridge, helm...coming back from 90 degrees, sir." -- Roger Forgit, USS Tigrone AGSS-419
Thanks folks...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Don Gentry
Posted 2009-09-13 1:27 AM (#30662)

Admin

Subject: Thanks folks...

...I wish I could check in here everyday... but that won't happen.  I've had several folks email me casually that the "mood" of the bbs is going downhill.  That was a few weeks ago....   a quick check has me thinking all is well.

There is NO need for "only submarine-related posts" as that's not reflective of real life.  More importantly, it has precluded the building of a family feel here sometimes.  While I genuinly appreciate those of you that are protective of this board, it has done well at protecting itself.  I studied the "master" and watched what worked and what didn't work on Martini's board.  Rules don't, ownership does... (and, oh yeah, Stoops and Hedman are products of Satan!).

Special thanks to Ric for stearing the "flow" down a different, positive road of late.

Cheers... relax... and just be proud of your conduct....

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-09-13 4:10 AM (#30663 - in reply to #30662)

Master and Commander

Subject: Thanks Don!...

...for having a great BBS ( just like Rontinis ) in the first place.

IMHO to have had an submarine only posts would stifle the flow here. You have decided to limit the different sections and that is cool.

We didn't talk only oif submarines when we served, we talked about a whole range of topics, like Women, Beer, and Women.....and Beer, and women.... and we didn't always agree on the priority of those many ( two ) topics, but in the main we behaved. Every now and then someone got out of control and others responded in like, but usually there were others to soothe the situation.

Talking about politics and sport and religion always got people a little hot under the collar, and that happens here every now and then....but I think the simple but sometimes hard rule to abide by is, don't read that persons writings if you don't like him/her.....ignore, don't abuse.

It's as simple as that!

Blue *_*
Ric
Posted 2009-09-13 6:58 AM (#30668 - in reply to #30662)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Thanks folks...

Oh, geesh...now ya done it...but it won't help you...oh, by the way. only Stoops is the devils plaything..... that's because he can't dance!
whalen
Posted 2009-09-13 7:01 AM (#30669 - in reply to #30662)

Great Sage of the Sea

Sheesh, Blue, when we got together last spring in DC there was (plenty of) beer and (some) women available and what did we talk about?  Submarines.
Lanny
Posted 2009-09-13 8:30 AM (#30672 - in reply to #30662)

Mess cooking

Don - This is a great board! I started posting on Martini's back in the 90's when things were (IMO) "fun". Went to Old Goats and watched it self destruct and then decided to just quit posting on BBS's all together. After snorkeling around on your's for awhile, decided it was tme to resurface and renew some old relationships - once a boat sailor, always a boat sailor!!

I've ran BBS's and websites for the Government and can relate to the extensive time and effort involved in administering a well rounded and effective site. As an outsider who has been watching at periscope depth for quite awhile, you have done a tremendous job in preserving the integrity of the operations here.

BZ!!
Don Gentry
Posted 2009-09-13 8:47 AM (#30673 - in reply to #30672)

Admin

Thanks Lanny... I still miss the early days of Olgoat's board.  Kind of a wild west saloon feel and even when the bullets flew, all was well once the dust settled.  The demise of that board was the result of a handful of folks that put their personal agendas above the good of the board - very, very selfish.

BBS's last if the folks that regularly visit choose to make it so.  By and large, that's what has kept this one afloat.  Things tend toward the positive here and as long as the regulars stay that course, it'll be just fine.  For that, I am truly grateful to my shipmates! 

Don Gentry
Posted 2009-09-13 8:49 AM (#30674 - in reply to #30663)

Admin

Subject: RE: Thanks Don!...

Good to hear Blue... I have a two-volume encyclopedia: "Women" and "Beer"

I'm sure there are other chapters but I'm waiting to evolve enough to gain some interest there... (I'm in no particular hurry....)

Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-09-13 8:51 AM (#30675 - in reply to #30673)
COMSUBBBS

Don, I agree with what has been posted here by the others. You do good, Mate, and I don't care what Stoop says about you. We all know Ric is his favorite.
John396
Posted 2009-09-13 11:54 AM (#30681 - in reply to #30675)
Old Salt

Blue say's-------(Talking about politics and sport and religion)
I agree, but when are you guys going to learn to play real football. John396
Ric
Posted 2009-09-13 12:29 PM (#30684 - in reply to #30681)

Plankowner

Geesh...you never learn... you just opened a HUGE can o' worms with that lot..................

(..sittin' back with my bag of popcorn to watch the fun)
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-09-13 3:04 PM (#30690 - in reply to #30681)

Master and Commander

John396 - 2009-09-14 1:54 AM

Blue say's-------(Talking about politics and sport and religion)
I agree, but when are you guys going to learn to play real football. John396

Hey John, totally agree with your statement!!

But after the last World Cup, I do believe we are on the improve and watch out USA when we play you guys next year in South Africa......that's if you can qualify of course!

( How was that Ric? )

Blue *_*
Stoops
Posted 2009-09-13 3:32 PM (#30692 - in reply to #30662)
Master and Commander

The obvious jealousy of the two Seattle Bash sluts should be chalked up to two plump fellas who hate to admit they have aged faster than those of us that lead clean lives! They are just upset 'cause I still got my hair, my good looks, my talent, a much smaller waist, and the best looking and most tolerant wife in the whole world.

And Ric likes zydeco because when he dances, it looks like he is being tasered, but he fits right in with Zydeco.
And Don, well, when he wears his black wig, you can't tell what he is doing because your mind is wondering why is he wearing the wig? Did he get it from Michael Jackson or OJ Simpson?

Eat your heart out Ric and Don!

Ric
Posted 2009-09-13 3:39 PM (#30693 - in reply to #30690)

Plankowner

Alright... where is Blue and what have you done with him?
Stoops
Posted 2009-09-13 3:41 PM (#30694 - in reply to #30662)
Master and Commander

Don Gentry - 2009-09-13 1:27 AM

...I wish I could check in here everyday... but that won't happen. 

Nah....I'm going to employ some restraint here! :-)

Thanks for the board, Don!
Ric
Posted 2009-09-13 3:47 PM (#30695 - in reply to #30692)

Plankowner

Well, ...let see... I was out dancing last Sat night,(swing); last Sunday night,(swing/blues); Wednesday night,(swing/blues, waltz); Friday night,(waltz, classic rock); last night, (Cajun/Zydeco/waltz) and I'm heading out tonight, (Swing/blues).. Keep up with me Jr. I'll run your raggedy ass off, you round heeled ^%$(##@!. It's a wonder yer guts don't fall out when you walk!!!!
Stoops
Posted 2009-09-13 4:37 PM (#30698 - in reply to #30695)
Master and Commander

Ric - 2009-09-13 3:47 PM

Well, ...let see... I was out dancing last Sat night,(swing); last Sunday night,(swing/blues); Wednesday night,(swing/blues, waltz); Friday night,(waltz, classic rock); last night, (Cajun/Zydeco/waltz) and I'm heading out tonight, (Swing/blues).. Keep up with me Jr. I'll run your raggedy ass off, you round heeled ^%$(##@!. It's a wonder yer guts don't fall out when you walk!!!!

and you still looked like a tasered frog. So what are you saying, Ric? That you won 15 biology experiment videos?

Holy Smokes.....Someone call Child Protective Services and get Ric off the streets!
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-09-13 5:02 PM (#30699 - in reply to #30662)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: No the THANKS are outweighed by the THANKS of the ARMSTRONGS

Have been away in West Virginia with a bunch of fellows sharing some really good times. We all attended the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, Hunter Education course in July...I orffer that as an explanation as to why I'm so late in responding to Don's post. Don, I have made some solid friendships with a circle of very loyal friends...Mostly old dinged up barnacle encrusted smokeboat riders, because we all seek out men with whom we share the same common experiences, speak the same lingo and are linked by similar generational formed ideals, values and understanding of technology. After Solveig died, your kindness was extremely meaningful...My entire family owes you a debt of sincere gratitude for allow us to your board to communicate with all the submariners who attended her memorial service at Arlingtion...The coordination would have been impossible if it hadn't been for your magic carpet ride. During Warshot's visit (He made a trip from Texas to tell her goodbye...That is what the word "Shipmate" is all about.)...It was during Warshot's visit that he extracted a shipmate to shipmate promise to take care of his funeral arrangements at Arlington....That obligation came far sooner that all of us were prepared for or expected. The coordination for that was made possible by your Board, both of us, me and Olgoat owe you another debt of gratitude. Don. in the extremely lonely period after Solveig's untimely death, your board and my loyal friends and shipmates became my link to places to go to brush away sadness and lonliness...to exorcize my flying monkeys....and get booster shots of sunshine. I can never repay that debt. I could sit here half the night relating instances for which I am grateful to you for shared wisdom and your loyal friendship. But suffice it to say that the inventory would capsize the Queen Mary.... Hey, thanks to you, Corabelle has become my Valentine (Also thanks to the Duchess of Lumpy Bumps). In any case, in the words of my lifelong pal... Brer Rabbit..."Dis izz ma Laffin' Place." Thanks old friend DEX
Smiley
Posted 2009-09-14 2:58 AM (#30701 - in reply to #30662)
Great Sage of the Sea

Don you have a great BBS here. I agree with most of our shipmates observations that have posted here and maybe to sound a little like Joe Wilson I won't apoligized for my defence of today's serviceman and servicewoman when they are mal treated here. Somehow a few people consider this a "political" foodfight???? How defending our people in the military.. past and present is political I fail to understand.. but I see this BBS as a Submarine BBS Today and yesterday..defending today's military on a Submarine BBS should be quite appropriate, I wonder why so few here allow it without response... I come here in the true spirit of the Brotherhood of the Phin to enjoy communicating with people of common tread. Anyway thanks for such a great place to visit.. your hard work is appreciated as is your patience..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software