Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I can't say anything bad about Doc Barboza; he cut my hair before I went ashore... and he cured my 'cold' when I came back." -- David Stevens, MM2(SS), USS Archerfish AGSS-311)
A warning about new BBS users...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Don Gentry
Posted 2009-09-10 9:48 PM (#30626)

Admin

Subject: A warning about new BBS users...

Jon Krup reminded me that you can click on a url related to a new bbs user even before I approve them.  I usually get several new "bbs users" each day and I have to go in and "activate" each new user and end up deleting nine out of ten as they are mostly robot-generated spam accounts.  I don't always get around to doing that for one to several days so PLEASE do not inquire or communicate with new users until they actually post on the bbs.  Often, their "website" links point to a virus source.

Consider them forty steps below a brand-new mess-crank non-qual puke!  (and all will be well...)

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-09-11 2:11 AM (#30627 - in reply to #30626)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: A warning about new BBS users...

Would that be around a Motorcycle riding, half-breed Marine's level? Or that of a Maineiac that seems to prefer trains? Looking for a layer to get under.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-09-11 5:33 AM (#30633 - in reply to #30627)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: A warning about new BBS users...

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2009-09-11 5:11 AM

Would that be around a Motorcycle riding, half-breed Marine's level? Or that of a Maineiac that seems to prefer trains? Looking for a layer to get under.

That description is more like a displaced "New Yawker" in the witness protection program in the deep woods of a southern state where peanuts abound.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software