Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I can't say anything bad about Doc Barboza; he cut my hair before I went ashore... and he cured my 'cold' when I came back." -- David Stevens, MM2(SS), USS Archerfish AGSS-311)
Obit Messenger results for 08/15/09.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2009-08-15 10:05 AM (#29728)
Plankowner

Subject: Obit Messenger results for 08/15/09.

- (Omaha World-Herald)
HAYWOOD, John Duane, 84, passed away in Lansing, IA August 13, 2009. Formerly of Davenport, IA and Omaha, NE, he was born in Davenport, IA, April 20, 1925 the son of John and Lillian (Bennett) Haywood. Mr. Haywood served in the US Navy Submarine Service during WWII on the USS Bowfin and the USS Sea Owl. He married Dorothy Tamcke. She preceded him in death. He later married Eileen Schneden. First employed by Northwestern Bell, he retired as Vice President of CWA, District #7. Survived by his wife, Eileen, Lansing, IA; children and spouses, Jack and Sandra Haywood, LeClaire, IA, William Haywood, Tucson, AZ, Rex and Jennifer Haywood, Chip and Terri Haywood, all Omaha, Gretchen and Jeff Carlson, Cave Creek, AZ, Dean Schneden, Bettendorf, IA, Mark and Kim Schneden, Lynxville, WI; 9 grandchildren; 15 great grandchildren; sister Lois Hintermeister, Clinton, IA. Funeral Service 10am Monday, August 17, 2009 Runge Mortuary Chapel. VISITATION 4-7pm Sunday at the Mortuary. Burial Davenport Memorial Park Cemetery with Graveside Rites by Davenport Lodge, #37, A.F. & A.M. Memorials may be made to Shriner's Children's Hospitals, c/o Tangier Shrine Temple, 84th and Tangier Way, Omaha, NE 68124. Runge Funeral Home, Davenport, IA 563-391-6202

- (TC Palm)
Kenneth W. Nichols, 88, died August 13, 2009, at Stuart Nursing & Restorative Care Center. He was born in Emporia, Kan., and lived in Jensen Beach, coming from Beverly Hills. He served in the Navy during World War II as a submarine chief. He was a member of the Beverly Hills Horseshoe Club. Survivors include his companion, Eleanor Sholtis. He was preceded in death by his wife, Margaret Mallon Nichols. Memorial contributions may be made to Treasure Coast Hospice, 1201 S.E. Indian St., Stuart, FL 34997. Services: Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to noon Aug. 18 at Aycock Funeral Home, Jensen Beach, with a service at noon.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software