Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "We shall never forget that it was our submarines that held the lines against the enemy while our fleets replaced losses and repaired wounds." -- Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz
Nice to know
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-27 2:59 PM (#29017)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Nice to know

I understand that the Parole Board of Corabelle's Maximum Security Doghouse has granted me extended leash privileges (sp? I never go to the dictionary, just monkey around with various spellings until I get one that looks OK to me...It's an E-3 thing. It drives John Wynn nuts.) Anyway, Cora's Parole Board has extended my leash radius to the end of her driveway and as long as I promise not to bark after 9:00PM....not chew up her newspaper....or pull her undies off the clothesline, I don't have to wear the cow bell and the doggie blanket that reads, "OBNOXIOUS SONUVABITCH" anymore. However, Cora says that it can all be revoked if I do naughty stuff....but she won't tell me what constitutes "naughty stuff". She tells me Warden Gentry will fill me in on that. Anyway, it's great to be out of the doghouse. Next stop, Doc Beeghly's halfway house for semi-rehabilitated obnoxious sonuvabitches. Gents, I'm working at it and hopefully Miss Lumpy Bumps will sponsor my eventual return to the general population at large si I can get back to spreading my fleas and peeing on the petunias. DEX
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-27 5:40 PM (#29028 - in reply to #29017)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Nice to know

HEHEHEHE...I needed this post...thank you, Dex.  You may return to your "regularly scheduled programming"...(giggle, giggle)!!!
Corabelle
Posted 2009-07-27 10:38 PM (#29034 - in reply to #29028)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Not so fast, Patti!

That's the entire message.

Cora
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-28 7:17 AM (#29040 - in reply to #29028)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Nice to know

Patti, if you sponsor Dex's rehabilitation you are going to be there a VERY long time. Ain't no way in THIS world will Dex cease from peeing on the petunias.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-28 8:32 AM (#29043 - in reply to #29034)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Not so fast, Patti! Well...

I may as well elaborate now. 

A few weeks ago, my Mother had a biopsy on lump in her groin area and the results came back "inconclusive".   So, this Friday, she is going to have surgery to remove the lump and have diagnostic testing done on it...one thing standing in her way, her blood pressure.  She had pre-surgical tests done yesterday...and goes to her Primary Care Dr. today for final OK.  If they can't get it down, the surgery is a no go.  We have been going back and forth to her primary and the surgeon in the last two weeks...she wants this over and to move on to the next step. 

On another note, Garry was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  He had blood tests done a while ago, and they showed a "false negative"...but I persisted with it.  He was having some major issues with "constant aches"...which for all that don't know, is one of the after effects of having Lyme.   He had second blood test done and it came back with positive for Lyme.  He is now on a 30 day dose of doxycycline(sp?)...so, we will see.

I hope you will keep both of them in your thoughts.  Dex is so right...when it comes to the "power of prayer" and good thoughts, the crew here, seems to have the ear of the "BIG GUY" upstairs. 

So, when this thread started, I couldn't resist, because it did give me such a good giggle...which I, or should I say "we" (as in Garry and I) needed it.  Thank you, Dex!!!

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2009-07-28 8:35 AM
Park Dallis
Posted 2009-07-28 9:46 AM (#29046 - in reply to #29043)

Old Salt

Patti,

I hope you've learned your lesson, now.

You've got to keep those flea collars on Garry and replace them before they expire.  It's the only way to keep the deer ticks off of him.  I know it's a PITA but if he's healthy he's out of the house.

Seriously, get well quick wishes to Garry.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-28 11:31 AM (#29049 - in reply to #29046)
COMSUBBBS

Park kind of stole my thunder Garry probably needs the "Heavy Hound" size flea and tick collar. While you're at it, get one for Dex and one for Olgoat. Seriously, y'all are on the prayer list. The list is getting so long that I check the spot marked all the above.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-28 12:07 PM (#29051 - in reply to #29049)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Not so fast, Patti! Well...the surgery is ON...

Mother just got back from the Dr.  Her blood pressure is down and the Dr. has give the OK for the surgery.  So, now we wait until Thurs. afternoon for a start time for Friday. 

Thank you for your good thoughts for both Mother and Garry...as for the "flea 'n tick collar"...gee, do they make them BIG ENOUGH??? BTW, he got the tick at work...gee, I wonder if we can BLAME Con ED???

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2009-07-28 12:09 PM
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2009-07-28 12:36 PM (#29052 - in reply to #29051)

Master and Commander

miss lumpy bumps - 2009-07-28 7:07 PM

...as for the "flea 'n tick collar"...gee, do they make them BIG ENOUGH??? BTW, he got the tick at work...gee, I wonder if we can BLAME Con ED

Patti, get two or three flea collars and link them together end-to-end. That should do it.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-28 1:51 PM (#29056 - in reply to #29052)

COMSUBBBS

Oh, I have to stop this...I should be nice to him...he's really been so good in helping out with my Mom, despite everything else that's happening with him...but now I'm wondering if the meds are having an "adverse reaction"...I literally sat for 3 1/2 hrs last night and this AM, listening to a conversation he was having with ????...I didn't have the heart to wake him up and could barely keep from laughing out loud...but it's having an adverse effect on my sleeping habits!!!  SHEESH!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software