Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Long considered a versatile and deadly instrument of war, the submarine has broadened her capabilities with the adoption of nuclear power. Today the submarine serves as a ballistic missile platform, early warning station, killer of surface and underwater vessels, scout, coastal raider troop transport, supply ship, mine layer, and seaplane tender.
The trip to the Pacific Northwest is On...NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-27 2:27 PM (#29013)

Master and Commander

Subject: The trip to the Pacific Northwest is On...NSR

Got a clean bill of health today "no bad guys from stem to stern" so the trip is now set to go and pester the hell out of our host Mr. Gentry. We plan (me and a jarhead) to leave on July 5th 2010 and take about 5 days to get there. We're still real early in the planning stages but now that my doc has told me I'm healthy enough to do it we're gearing up and getting ready. If anybody sees Gentry putting his house up for sale and going into the witness protection program you'll know we're getting close. I'll have to learn how to do one of those blog things so I can post photos and other incriminating evidence like we did for Blue.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2009-07-27 2:52 PM (#29015 - in reply to #29013)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: The trip to the Pacific Northwest is On...NSR

Good on ya mate, looking forward to the photos and the lies.....either here and/or via Facebook.

Keep safe....

Blue *_*
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-27 3:02 PM (#29018 - in reply to #29013)

COMSUBBBS

Don just phoned me to get my recipes for Rat Poison Stew and Arsenic Turnovers. DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-07-27 3:06 PM (#29019 - in reply to #29013)

COMSUBBBS

Don't listen to Blue....The first thing you know he'll be asking you to carry along self addressed "Doggie Bag" mailers with postage and his address, so you can send him leftovers and thirty pounds of stuff from the midnight buffet they serve aboard the train. DEX
Stoops
Posted 2009-07-27 3:48 PM (#29023 - in reply to #29019)
Master and Commander

Hell, I bet Blue could eat your rat poison stew and not blink an eye.....I suspect there isn't anything he hasn't eaten...and Oz has more poisonous stuff than anywhere else in the world......

I hope Don knows by now to hide all of his good liquor two or three counties away. He's had plenty of notification of Doc's sticky fingers, particularly around liquor cabinets and women's unmentionables storage.

Good Luck Don! Have you paid up your homeowner's insurance?
Stoops
Posted 2009-07-27 3:49 PM (#29024 - in reply to #29019)
Master and Commander

Subject: Ignore....double post

whoops...sorry for the double post....................

Edited by Stoops 2009-07-27 3:49 PM
Ric
Posted 2009-07-27 4:11 PM (#29025 - in reply to #29013)

Plankowner

You damn well better let me know when you get here... You owe a beer...:-) ...oh, wait... I owe you a beer.... that's it......
Rambo
Posted 2009-07-27 5:05 PM (#29027 - in reply to #29023)

Mess cooking

I'm two or three counties away. He can leave his good liquor with me. PLEASE.
Runner485
Posted 2009-07-27 5:46 PM (#29029 - in reply to #29013)

COMSUBBBS

Uh Oh!
Be wewy, wewy careful Mr. Gentwy!
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-27 6:09 PM (#29030 - in reply to #29029)

COMSUBBBS

Hey Joe, I think he's got PLENTY OF TIME to hide all the good stuff...but we will have to send "subtle" reminders as the time gets closer, doncha know!!!  
Corabelle
Posted 2009-07-27 10:25 PM (#29032 - in reply to #29013)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Are you planning to travel on I-90?

If so, you'll travel through Rapid City, and I'll get to meet you - or - you'll get to meet me! One or the other.

Cora
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-28 4:57 AM (#29038 - in reply to #29032)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Are you planning to travel on I-90?

Corabelle - 2009-07-28 1:25 AM

If so, you'll travel through Rapid City, and I'll get to meet you - or - you'll get to meet me! One or the other.

Cora

Probably on the way back; I want to see Mt. Rushmore. We'll be going through North Dakota on the way out and South Dakota on the way back.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-28 7:12 AM (#29039 - in reply to #29038)
COMSUBBBS

I'm kicking the idea around of tagging along in my Chevy PU to pick up any pieces that fall off along the way and to carry spare parts for any rice burners that want to join the convoy. It's almost a year away and much can change between now and then. However, if Blue gets over here in 2010 maybe we could enlist him as a our cook and campfire sing-a-long director.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-28 10:13 AM (#29047 - in reply to #29039)

Master and Commander

Ralph Luther - 2009-07-28 10:12 AM

I'm kicking the idea around of tagging along in my Chevy PU to pick up any pieces that fall off along the way and to carry spare parts for any rice burners that want to join the convoy. It's almost a year away and much can change between now and then. However, if Blue gets over here in 2010 maybe we could enlist him as a our cook and campfire sing-a-long director.

If Blue comes along I'll bring my bagpipes and he can sing all 787 verses of "Waltzing Matilda"; that will keep him busy when he's not cooking and the pipes are so loud we won't have to hear him bellowing it out.
Hope you can make it Ralph.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-07-28 12:05 PM (#29050 - in reply to #29047)

COMSUBBBS

Guys, do you really think you will see ANY FOOD if you let Blue do the cooking...I wouldn't let him anywhere near the rations...but then again, if he's singing 787 verses of "Waltzing Matilda", you would probably KNOW when he's stopped to take a breath...(SMILE)!!!
Gil
Posted 2009-07-28 4:00 PM (#29059 - in reply to #29039)
Master and Commander

... tagging along in my Chevy PU to pick up any pieces that fall off along the way and to carry spare parts for any rice burners that want to join the convoy...

As much as I appreciate the sound of a Harley in my former riding group with three to four HD's my 650 cc  Kawasaki rice burner has the distinction of having to tie up a towing rope to my Bud's unstartable Harley.  Poor guy -- he can't bring up the soundness of Harley's or poo poo rice burners in my prescence for the rest of his life!

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-07-29 1:58 AM (#29074 - in reply to #29013)
Master and Commander

In a years time, the arthritis might just allow me to fabricate a trailer capable of hauling those two bikes. That way Ralph can keep the Marines out of the rain and wind when it turns ugly. I'll let you know how and if it's coming Ralph.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-29 6:57 AM (#29078 - in reply to #29074)
COMSUBBBS

Walt, I was thinking along the lines of a very large 5th wheel, 3 axle trailer. Large enough to contain a trauma center and a bike repair spot. Don't know whether to put the trauma center in the forward section or the rear. Probably there rear section would be best so we could roll those gurneys in and out when needed, and too, it would make it easier to unload when backing in to the hospital emergency room loading dock.
Doc Gardner said there would be a couple of "richard smiths" on this ride, so, we'd like to make them feel at home don't cha know.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-29 7:04 AM (#29080 - in reply to #29078)

Master and Commander

Subject: Billy Bob may join the convoy

Ralph Luther - 2009-07-29 9:57 AM

Walt, I was thinking along the lines of a very large 5th wheel, 3 axle trailer. Large enough to contain a trauma center and a bike repair spot. Don't know whether to put the trauma center in the forward section or the rear. Probably there rear section would be best so we could roll those gurneys in and out when needed, and too, it would make it easier to unload when backing in to the hospital emergency room loading dock.
Doc Gardner said there would be a couple of "richard smiths" on this ride, so, we'd like to make them feel at home don't cha know.

Better make those gurney's heavy duty in case Billy Bob joins the ride; he's trying to arrange his schedule to come along.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-29 7:13 AM (#29081 - in reply to #29059)

Master and Commander

Gil - 2009-07-28 7:00 PM

... tagging along in my Chevy PU to pick up any pieces that fall off along the way and to carry spare parts for any rice burners that want to join the convoy...

As much as I appreciate the sound of a Harley in my former riding group with three to four HD's my 650 cc  Kawasaki rice burner has the distinction of having to tie up a towing rope to my Bud's unstartable Harley.  Poor guy -- he can't bring up the soundness of Harley's or poo poo rice burners in my prescence for the rest of his life!

My riding buddy will be on a Suzuki Boulevard 850 cc bike; half the size of mine but a nice ride for him. If Billy Bob comes along he will be on a Yamaha 1100 cc bike.
We'll see which bike holds up better; I'm betting they will all do just fine and our pinging will be on the merits of the USMC vs Submarines; since I did both I can take both sides of the argument.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-29 7:13 AM (#29082 - in reply to #29080)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Billy Bob may join the convoy

Lord, lord, I'm going to have to trade my pick up for a dually with diesel power and have a power winch installed. Walt, better add a "tommy lift" for the tail board on that trailer.
Jim M.
Posted 2009-07-29 7:35 AM (#29083 - in reply to #29082)

Great Sage of the Sea

Ralph Luther - 2009-07-29 7:13 AM

Lord, lord, I'm going to have to trade my pick up ....

Um.. Ralph, you may need to borrow a Freightliner and semi-trailer the way this is shaping up. Add in a portable helo pad to evacuate the casualties..hehehe
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-29 9:00 AM (#29085 - in reply to #29083)
COMSUBBBS

Might have to, Jim, by the looks of Doc's route plan. We'll be so far back in the sticks that they will have to pump daylight to us. If that Obamacare goes into effect we just might need to activate Beeghly and drag his hide along too. Lord help us all!!!!!
Jim M.
Posted 2009-07-29 10:05 AM (#29087 - in reply to #29085)

Great Sage of the Sea

Ralph Luther - 2009-07-29 9:00 AM

...... we just might need to activate Beeghly and drag his hide along too. Lord help us all!!!!!

Yeah... activating the Beagle Doc?? Really in trouble then.. PINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Corabelle
Posted 2009-07-29 11:05 AM (#29088 - in reply to #29085)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: You in trouble now, boy...

You'll be seeing some of the prettiest scenery in the U.S. ... without the horrible humidity.

Cora
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software