Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The Grampus and Pike were commissioned in ceremonies at Mare Island the same day, Thursday, the 28th of May 1903. A young naval officer, Lieutenant Arthur MacArthur III, older brother of General Douglas MacArthur, assumed command for both vessels at the same time.
Obit Messenger results for 07/04/09.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2009-07-04 1:27 PM (#28318)
Plankowner

Subject: Obit Messenger results for 07/04/09.

- (Asbury Park Press)
Michael Halpert, 31, of Eatontown, NJ, died on Wednesday, July 1, 2009. He was born December 26, 1977 in Livingston, New Jersey. He graduated from Verona High school in Verona, NJ and went on to receive his Associates of Science Degree from Morris County College and then his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Montclair State University in May 2003. On March 26, 2008, Michael joined the Navy and upon completion of boot camp, went on to the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, CT, where he attended Basic Enlisted Submarine School, Electronics Technician "A" School and ET Navigation School. He had just recently successfully completed the Petty Officer Selectee Leadership Course and was promoted to Petty Officer Status. Petty Officer Halpert was currently awaiting assignment as a Navigation Electronics Technician aboard the USS Memphis (SSN 691). Michael was preceded in death by his father, Miles Halpert. He is survived by his Mother and Stepfather, Maxine and Paul Gilson of Eatontown. Michael will be incredibly missed by all of his Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and beloved extended family and friends.The Funeral Service, with military honors, will be held at Beth Israel Cemetery in Woodbridge on Sunday, July 5th at 1:00 p.m. The Family will be sitting Shiva at their home on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 2 until 9 o'clock.
whalen
Posted 2009-07-04 8:21 PM (#28331 - in reply to #28318)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Halpert was beaten to death by a local thug

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=2319ef10-9135-480b-bf63-a9fab859c272
Skii
Posted 2009-07-04 10:29 PM (#28335 - in reply to #28318)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Obit Messenger results for 07/04/09.

It is very sad and my prayers go to the Halpert family in this time of grief. I think of how many times I was in harms way and the same thing could have happened to me or one of my shipmates. This is so sad and he had not been able to do one patrol before he went on his Final Patrol. God bless and sailor rest your oars so young were you.

Dick Jarenski
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software