Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS NAUTILUS SSN 571 was the first submarine with a satisfactory single plant that can be used for main propulsion both surfaced and submerged.
4th Of July Tea Parties
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2009-06-30 7:33 PM (#28187)
Master and Commander

Subject: 4th Of July Tea Parties

Looks like there will be another get to gather this 4th' If interested look up what is going on in your area.

http://teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2009-07-01 2:09 AM (#28188 - in reply to #28187)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: 4th Of July Tea Parties

Ours will be in Plains, home of Uncle Jimmy. I just can't figure out if I should bring green or black tea. Roselynn isn't any help as all she asks for is Unsweet Tea with lots of ice and a lemon.
steamboat
Posted 2009-07-01 8:32 AM (#28201 - in reply to #28187)
Master and Commander

I'm confused.... can anyone verify that thier taxes have increased as a direct result of the stimulus packages (either the Republican one OR the Democratic one)???? Or is that not the reason for the tea parties?? If not, then what is all the hullablue about??

Steamboat sends
TSpoon
Posted 2009-07-01 9:08 AM (#28203 - in reply to #28187)
Great Sage of the Sea

Steamboat my brother,

You of all folks should understand about the Federal (read Yankee) Govt and their spend, spend, spend wasteful tax dollar ways.

Go to the Tea Party home page and read their purpose, we are tired of more and more taxes for programs that only oppress the working class and will for generations to come.

If our California Budget battle makes your newspaper you would think we are ruled by a "ship of fools". Well we are. What is going on out here is that the voters are tired of more and more new taxes and we want them to cut the fluff deeper and not tax us more. You will read all about cutting fire, police, schools, and old folks homes but noting about cutting the real waste. They try to bribe us by using these needed and wanted programs to make us vote more taxes. What we want is for them to stop supporting junkies and single mommies with more and more babies.

If they made welfare not looked at as a nice income and way of life to some but rather made it only a real stop gap to starvation then those folks would want those jobs they say only the illegal's are taking. Then you really do something about the illegal problem as the ex-welfare recipients will take those jobs.

Win - win for we tax payers.

It is a bigger picture than I can talk about here but the Tea Parties are a start,

T.Spoon, DBF
steamboat
Posted 2009-07-01 2:21 PM (#28211 - in reply to #28203)
Master and Commander

Tim, old Buddy. California is in a world all its' own when it comes to finances. I can't help but think that all those state entitlements had have come home to haunt Ya'll. Then throw in Enron and your illustrious Governor and it is a recipe for disastor. I don't know how poor folk survive out there.
Yeh, I wasn't thinking California when I posted above. I would probably be out carrying a sign too, if I lived there. Its just that here in Virginia the state must operate with a balanced budget, and the legislators have refused to raise any taxes.
Hang onto what you got, Shipmate (including your guns)! Let me know if you need your Granpappys 50 cent piece back. LOL!!
Steamboat sends
whalen
Posted 2009-07-01 3:11 PM (#28213 - in reply to #28187)

Great Sage of the Sea

I'm going to the local tea party just to see the "burn your stimulus check" protest!
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-07-01 4:36 PM (#28220 - in reply to #28201)

Master and Commander

Steamboat;
I have not had a raise in salary in two years; I'm well under the minimums that have been tossed about and I had to adjust my withholding to zero deductions so that I don't have a tax liability at the end of the year; my withholding has increased and
in my opinion my taxes have gone up and the current congress (not capitalized intentionally) hasn't even shown the effects of their efforts yet.
Beats unemployment which is well north of 14% here in Michigan so I ain't cryin but the belt is sure getting tightened.
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2009-07-01 10:57 PM (#28224 - in reply to #28187)

Great Sage of the Sea

My State taxes (Income, Sales, Property) have gone up 10% this year due to the total inability of the Democrat-controlled California legislature (for the past 20+ years) to set and live within budgets that reflect actual State Revenues.

My Federal Withholding has been reduced, by both DFAS and the USDA, because of the Stimulus legislation. I have had to have Additional withholding taken out of my retired pay to counter that change and cover my normal Federal tax burden, which negates the intent of the Stimulus.

And due to the decline in the stock market, (caused by the Federal mishandling of the housing/financial system melt-down, etc.), my investment income no longer covers the period when I am not working for the USDA (even with the $250 Disabled Veteran Stimulus payment I received from the VA yesterday). I am doing Temp work until Cotton season starts in September.

Thank God I am a multi-talented submariner. Lots of folks in this area are much worse off than I.

MTOW
Posted 2009-07-02 11:05 AM (#28239 - in reply to #28187)
Mess cooking

I plan on heading to the Tulare Ag Center Saturday for the Central valley Tea Party. Should be a big one.

http://www.centralvalleyteaparty.com/
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-07-02 11:20 AM (#28240 - in reply to #28187)
Crew

Well, Louisiana is also in financial trouble, so it isn't just California. Luckily, our gov has line item veto. Our annual legislative session just ended, and the gov cut (vetoed) several hundred million of their "pay my buddy off" type bills. Also, our unemployment is way below average. Essentially, our economy hasn'been hit too bad. About the only thing that hit folks here was the "temporary" closing of thel GM plant. It should be back to work in August producing the 2010 models of the Colorado, Canyon, and H3. But, GM is planning to close it permanently by 2012.
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2009-07-02 10:13 PM (#28264 - in reply to #28240)

Great Sage of the Sea

Arnold has the line-item veto, too, but he hasn't used it very much.

'Course, it takes a LOT of line-items to deal with $10 Billion deficits.

Part of the problem is he has been complicit with the Dems in using budget tricks (move the final June payday from June 30 to July 1 kind of crap) and borrowing from Special Purpose funds to reduce the General fund deficit.

He DOES NOT have the support of the Republicans in the legislature - they don't trust him any farther than they can throw him. But they are adamant that the Budget be balanced based on current revenues - no more borrowing, no tax hikes, and no stealing property and sales taxes from local governments. Cut bureaucrats & BS agencies, boards, and commissions. Re-negotiate some of those rich Union contracts. And as long as they stay united, there are just enough of them to keep the Democrats from attaining the 2/3 majority vote required to pass a budget with tax hikes.

The State Treasurer began issuing IOUs instead of checks today. We'll see how long the impasse lasts.

I'd go to the T.E.A. Party in Tulare on Saturday, but I am committed to manning the American Legion Post 18 Fireworks stand from noon until dusk.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software