Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I believe it is the duty of every man to act as though the fate of the world depends on them. Surely no one man can do it all. But, one man CAN make a difference.” -- Adm. Hymen Rickover
Some of the boots are leaving
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2009-06-30 9:37 AM (#28167)
Master and Commander

Subject: Some of the boots are leaving

Today American troops begin leaving some major Iraqi cities. Will it work or is this another Viet Nam? We will have to wait and see,
Land Lubber
Posted 2009-06-30 2:49 PM (#28172 - in reply to #28167)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Some of the boots are leaving

And in the last week or so the fighting in some of the towns has increased. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the Iraqi's can handle the situation.
And then comes an increase in fighting in Afganastan.
And now we have trouble in Central America. More refuges will be coming into the US.
And lets not forget North Korea will be sending a "test" missle our way this weekend.

I hope people wake up and realize that now is not the time to reduce the budget for the military.

Take Care
Steve
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-06-30 5:17 PM (#28183 - in reply to #28172)
COMSUBBBS

The testing for the Bozo in the White House begins.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-06-30 6:21 PM (#28185 - in reply to #28167)

COMSUBBBS

May they "ALL" come home...and soon!!!
Lee Davenport
Posted 2009-07-02 11:39 AM (#28241 - in reply to #28167)
Crew

My prediction is: Whenever ALL the American troops are withdrawn, Iraq will return to just about the same status it had prior
to our intercession. Whoever has the most power and the biggerst army will take over and it will become a dictatorship just as it was before, only different people. The USA will wind up with egg on our face, again.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-02 11:51 AM (#28244 - in reply to #28241)
COMSUBBBS

I agree, Lee, it's the only way they know and understand. The U.S. needs to leave other countries alone. If those countries mess with us, we swiftly kick their arses up around their shoulders and leave.
Corabelle
Posted 2009-07-02 12:46 PM (#28246 - in reply to #28241)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Lee and Ralph...

I've been saying this ever since we moved our troops into Iraq and Afghanistan, and for this, I've been called unpatriotic. Now, you two are saying it. Wonder if you'll be called unpatriotic.

Just curious.

When I was expressing my fears about my grandson being placed in harms way, I was told (many ways, by many people) that the absolute only 'feeling' I should be allowed to have, was pride - not - fear.

I believe that we have no more business interjecting our politics on any other country; no more so than Hitler had. I'm sure now, that someone wiser than me will point out the fine difference of my thinking.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-07-02 12:49 PM
steamboat
Posted 2009-07-02 1:51 PM (#28250 - in reply to #28244)
Master and Commander

I ben preaching that sermon for years now.... we should stay out of internal affairs of other countries, and only take the fight to them if they threaten our territorial integrity, US citisens or those of our allies. This thing of conquering a nation because they have oil just does not fly anymore.
Seems like a few have come around to my way of thinking.

Steamboat sends
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2009-07-02 3:12 PM (#28254 - in reply to #28250)

Master and Commander

But weren't we in Iraq, bucause Iraq invaded Kuwait, and the Kuwaiti people asked for our help ejecting the Iraqis? Then when we did eject the Iraqi's (Desert Storm), Sadam Hussein started attacking his own people and was in violation of a UN Resolution, which called for us to stay there and overthrow that new threat.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-07-02 3:49 PM (#28255 - in reply to #28254)
COMSUBBBS

That's right, Jon, and the UN sucked us into another fiasco while the majority of the other members only have/had committed a little token of their troops. We can say that the Aussie's, Canadian and British troops were there for the most.
I could say more, but, this isn't the forum for this "stuff".
Bear
Posted 2009-07-04 2:12 PM (#28321 - in reply to #28167)

Great Sage of the Sea

What does that make us 11- 2 - 1
whalen
Posted 2009-07-04 8:48 PM (#28332 - in reply to #28246)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Lee and Ralph...

Corabelle - 2009-07-02 1:46 PM I've been saying this ......I believe that we have no more business interjecting our politics on any other country... Cora

I've only been living in the south for a few years, but I'm beginning to believe that one of the defenses against manslaughter down here rings true in a lot of situations (i.e.: dealing with terrorists and maniac dictators): "He needed killin'....."

Edited by whalen 2009-07-04 8:48 PM
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2009-07-06 12:03 AM (#28369 - in reply to #28246)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Dissent being "Unpatriotic"

Reasoned, principled dissent should never be considered unpatriotic. It is one of the Rights we have been fighting so hard for so long to maintain.

And to tell a person not to be fearful of a loved one going into combat, that is utterly stupid (In My Not So Humble Opinion). Nobody has the right to tell you what to think, or how to feel about someone you care for.

Edited by Donald L. Johnson 2009-07-06 12:20 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software