Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The United States submarine USS TRITON was fitted with twin reactors and was considered the longest submarine ever built until the advent of the OHIO class. The TRITON was designed for a surface displacement of 5,900 tons. Large submarines of other countries have been the Japanese I-400 (5,220 tons), and the French SURCOUF (2,880 tons).
Today...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-25 9:55 AM (#27063)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Today...

as I look out over my little acre of Freedom, I listen to a wife, mother and a woman, who as part of our Military, has done her part and has also lost her husband in Iraq and who is now buried in what is now known as "the Saddest Acre", Section 60 of Arlington National Cemetery, I say a very big thank you.  Somehow, this year, this day has taken on new meaning for me.  Maybe it was being there burying Ron Smith in that hallowed ground and looking out over that "sea of white" and seeing it in a different light or seeing a friend as he mourned a fallen brother at the Wall, maybe it was listening to a soldier yesterday at the NJ North Ceremony, maybe it was the tour of the USS Texas or going to Sub School Graduation and seeing those fresh young faces going on to their first duty stations, I can't pinpoint it, but it is different. I think of the "Saddest Acres" all over this Country and the World, that hold the remains of our Military and I say thank you to their families...for without them or you, I may not have "my little acre of Freedom".  Let us not forget "those who have been left behind" either.  They played an important part in the lives of those men and women, who gave of themselves and don't always get the recognition they deserve.  I say thank you...AND WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER.
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-25 4:34 PM (#27074 - in reply to #27063)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Today...

Thanks, Patti, for a thoughtful post.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software