Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first boat known to have been navigated under water was built in 1620 by a Dutchman, Cornelius Van Drebbel. Van Drebbel is said to have developed a chemical which would purify the air and allow the crew to stay submerged for extended periods.
Oprah yesterday
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-22 4:02 PM (#26925)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Oprah yesterday

Did anyone catch the show...I don't usually, but saw she was doing an interview with what looked like a sub sailor and
sure enough, they were doing "SKYPE" interview on board USS Louisville "somewhere off the coast of Hawaii", skyping off the periscope.  Neat interview, showing some of the compartments on board, the head, for instance...galley and crew's mess and the torpedo room where interview was taking place. 

Ah, the wonders of technology!!!
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-05-22 7:19 PM (#26942 - in reply to #26925)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Oprah ??????????????????

Gee,I missed that one.
Have to ask Dex about it.
dex armstrong
Posted 2009-05-23 4:37 AM (#26949 - in reply to #26925)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Oprah yesterday

MAD DOG...If I had a choice between watching Oprah and swimming in a pirranah tank...I take the fish swim. I am a History Channel obsessive viewer and Cable News junkie. I might be the only animal on the planet who has NEVER seen Oprah or has the slightest interest in doing so..."ain't my cup of tea" same for Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray and that collection of weird people on the VIEW....Sorry to disappoint you guys. A while back they had a series on the BATTLE FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC on the History Channel that had a lot of "never seen German footage" found in the East German archives, that showed a lot of great U-Boat WWII activity to include numerous convoy sinkings...now there boys and girls is a show to watch...Old kraut diesel boat sailors punching invisable holes in the North Atlantic and doing what ONLY diesel boat sailors did a helluva lot of...sink ships. DEX
MAD DOG
Posted 2009-05-23 5:02 AM (#26952 - in reply to #26949)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Oprah yesterday

Just pinging,Shipmate.
I agree,if it ain't Fox news or The Antique S*%#tkicker channel,it ain't worth my time.Oprah,Martha,Rachel and The View rank right alongside Simon the Limey
as non-events.

Edited by MAD DOG 2009-05-23 5:07 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software