Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: On August 17, 1958, the USS SKATE circumnavigated the globe in about fifty minutes. The SKATE was at a radius of about two miles from the North Pole at the time, and the distance traveled in the circumnavigation was about twelve miles.
Santa Claus just keeps showing up at my house
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-05-21 3:16 PM (#26872)

Master and Commander

Subject: Santa Claus just keeps showing up at my house

I think somebody is trying to get me back into the Marine Corps; look what showed up today

(Steel Pot_1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Steel Pot_1.jpg (73KB - 495 downloads)
Ric
Posted 2009-05-21 4:06 PM (#26874 - in reply to #26872)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Santa Claus just keeps showing up at my house

Geesh, Doc... don't you own any books? I'd loan you mine but I'm still reading it. Pretty complicated pictures. I showed it to Stoops but his lips kept moving but he wasn't making any progress.
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-21 4:45 PM (#26876 - in reply to #26872)
Master and Commander

Ric, you lying' slut! The only thing you wanted to show me was when you opened your raincoat, and you're just pissed cause I could not quit laughing! And you said < "Well Don liked it".....

I have done some research as a result and have found at least one translation of zydeco which means "one of little appendege who dances as if he had one"........................

Hmmmmm

Ric
Posted 2009-05-21 4:52 PM (#26877 - in reply to #26876)

Plankowner

..ask Don for yours back........
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-05-21 5:35 PM (#26878 - in reply to #26874)

Master and Commander

Ric - 2009-05-21 7:06 PM

Geesh, Doc... don't you own any books? I'd loan you mine but I'm still reading it. Pretty complicated pictures. I showed it to Stoops but his lips kept moving but he wasn't making any progress.

Sure; I got books. I've even read all of them. Here are some of my favorites. I'm re-doing my office so most of the stuff is stored elsewhere while I make room for the contents of Stoops liquor cabinet

Edited by Doc Gardner 2009-05-21 5:37 PM

(Military books.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Military books.jpg (84KB - 499 downloads)
Stoops
Posted 2009-05-21 7:01 PM (#26880 - in reply to #26872)
Master and Commander

i noticed that you kept your autographed copies of "dick and jane" hidden, along with your "sex for prepubescent teens" placed somewhere else.
RCK
Posted 2009-05-22 4:55 AM (#26887 - in reply to #26878)
Master and Commander

Years ago I read Micheal Sharra's "Killer Angels" about the battle at Gettysburg. Then I read "Lee's Lieutenants" and "R.E. Lee" by Douglas Southhall Freeman and "The Civil War" by Shelby Foote. All excellant books. Freeman was definately pro South but he was an excellant writer. Foote's book is the most inclusive work regarding the Civil War that I've read. He passed away a few years ago. He is seen as a commentator in the documentary "Civil War" by Ken Burns. The Burn's documentary is seen frequently on PBS, but it is not all inclusive. It doesn't cover the was in the Western States or Indian Territory
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-05-22 5:09 AM (#26890 - in reply to #26887)

Master and Commander

RCK - 2009-05-22 7:55 AM

Years ago I read Micheal Sharra's "Killer Angels" about the battle at Gettysburg. Then I read "Lee's Lieutenants" and "R.E. Lee" by Douglas Southhall Freeman and "The Civil War" by Shelby Foote. All excellant books. Freeman was definately pro South but he was an excellant writer. Foote's book is the most inclusive work regarding the Civil War that I've read. He passed away a few years ago. He is seen as a commentator in the documentary "Civil War" by Ken Burns. The Burn's documentary is seen frequently on PBS, but it is not all inclusive. It doesn't cover the was in the Western States or Indian Territory

All good books and worth reading if you are a Civil War buff; my great grandfather served for 4 1/2 years with the 18th Regiment of Ohio Infantry. I've not had much luck finding a history of their outfit beyond a rather extensive list of the places they fought.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software