Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS TRITON, the only American made twin reactor submarine ever built, on May 10, 1960, completed the first totally submerged non-trivial circumnavigation of the world when she followed the route of Ferdinand Magellan for 36,000 miles during 84 days beneath the surface.
Memorial to ARA SANTA FE (S-21)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Jim M.
Posted 2009-05-18 7:58 AM (#26718)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Memorial to ARA SANTA FE (S-21)

Currently, there’s an effort underway in Argentina to get a memorial to SANTA FE designed and built. My colleague in Buenos Aires, Ricardo Larrondo, indicates that a lot of the leg work is done… i.e. design/development process through the bureaucracy down there, funding – to be done solely from contributions raised from former SANTA FE crewmembers, etc.). The memorial will be built in Ushuaia, Argentina.. the last port SANTA FE sailed from before she surrendered in South Georgia, and will detail SANTA FE’s history, its participation in Operation Rosario – the invasion of the Falklands, Operation Georgia – the capture of South Georgia, up to its capture and eventual scutlling.

CimQ Arnaldo Funes, who was the corpsman aboard SANTA FE at South Georgia is pretty much heading up the effort. Sr. Funes’ and his associates would be tickled if any CATFISH vets would want to contribute.

If anyone is interested in contributing, especially ex CATFISH crewmen, please send me a private message. I will be getting the full text of CimQ Funes' message translated if anyone is interested in knowing what is going on.

(memorial1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments memorial1.jpg (27KB - 504 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software