Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "They also serve those who only stand and wait" - Eleanor Rickover, quoting Milton's "On His Blindness"
Anyone talk to Dex about getting a new PC?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2009-04-30 5:10 PM (#26199)
Master and Commander

Subject: Anyone talk to Dex about getting a new PC?

Cora must be getting awfully lonely! I have an extra one and could spiff it up for him, but I'd have to have some additional info to get him setup. I'd also guess his monitor, keyboard, and mouse are still ok.

Is there anyone in his area that could take a functioning PC to him and get his internet access setup if I sent one out? Is he on dial up or cable modem? Besides a picture viewer, MP3 player, and internet browser, what other software does he need?

Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-30 5:22 PM (#26200 - in reply to #26199)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Anyone talk to Dex about getting a new PC?

Dave, you'll have to rattle his cage yourself. We talked to him when we were in Arlington last month and he said he would be back online real soon. I don't know what his "soon" consists of. I'll have to root around in my files to get his land-line number and send it to you thru PM.
Stoops
Posted 2009-04-30 5:26 PM (#26201 - in reply to #26200)
Master and Commander

Thanks, Ralph. I have his number. I should call him. May have to get a three way conversation with you, me, and him to you can translate nukie s**t into dbf stuff, hee hee hee.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-04-30 5:35 PM (#26203 - in reply to #26201)

Master and Commander

Stoops - 2009-04-30 8:26 PM

Thanks, Ralph. I have his number. I should call him. May have to get a three way with you, me, and him to you can translate nukie s**t into dbf stuff, hee hee hee.

Stoops you are a "slut"; a 3 way?
Have you no shame?
Stoops
Posted 2009-04-30 5:44 PM (#26204 - in reply to #26203)
Master and Commander

Doc Gardner - 2009-04-30 5:35 PM

Stoops - 2009-04-30 8:26 PM

Thanks, Ralph. I have his number. I should call him. May have to get a three way with you, me, and him to you can translate nukie s**t into dbf stuff, hee hee hee.

Stoops you are a "slut"; a 3 way?
Have you no shame?

Good grief, Doc....you gotta understand we're talking Dex and Ralph here......two swine of the highest orders, and dbf'ers to boot.

You wanna talk about weird stuff, go look up the two Seattle Sleazeballs! And did you know that in Washington they tell me it is not illegal to have relations with a horse as long as the horse doesn't complain. That there are folks who run stables for that sort of stuff....(comments concerning said stables and us congress things removed.)

Edited by Stoops 2009-04-30 5:47 PM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-04-30 7:12 PM (#26208 - in reply to #26199)

COMSUBBBS

Dave, I talked to Dex on Monday...that's how I found out about "Nana's" funeral.  I tried to get a word in edge wise about the computer, but he wanted to talk about Tink and Nana and the funeral, so I was only to happy to oblige him.  He did sound good...and the last I talked to him at Easter, he was missing all of us.  I told him that he should shake Olgoat's chains and HELP HIM look for a new computer...I know a few out here tried to help with suggestions, but we all know how hard he tries, but is really not all that savvy...LOOK WHO'S TALKING...the original DUNCE w/a capital "D".  Guys, I really think he could use our help.  Only a suggestion.
Stoops
Posted 2009-04-30 7:19 PM (#26209 - in reply to #26199)
Master and Commander

The hardware is not the problem.....software and setup is.....
I doubt if he needs anything other than the basic setup but still needs some tweaking and setup by someone who knows what he wants and has the personal info to set him up with browser, email, etc.

If Obama had not killed my damn retirement accounts, I could almost afford to fly SWA up there over a weekend and get him up and running.
Corabelle
Posted 2009-04-30 9:14 PM (#26210 - in reply to #26199)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Yeah, Dave...

...I got nobody to fight with right now! Oh, I keep forgetting - Dex and I are friends now. 'Course, we're always just one disagreement away - - -

Cora

Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-05-01 5:41 AM (#26214 - in reply to #26204)
COMSUBBBS

Dave, I'll be seeing Dex again in October if thats a help. Probably too far down the road for what you want though. Since Ric has told everyone you are a bigger slut than he is, Dex might just be interested in having you stop by. Then the Olgoat might chip in too. GOOD LUCK
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2009-05-01 11:23 AM (#26219 - in reply to #26209)

Master and Commander

Stoops - 2009-05-01 2:19 AM
The hardware is not the problem.....software and setup is.....
I doubt if he needs anything other than the basic setup but still needs some tweaking and setup by someone who knows what he wants and has the personal info to set him up with browser, email, etc.

Dave: When we all were in DC for Warshot's internment, Ric, OlGoat, and Dex, working together, couldn't get the BIOS to activate. Dex even replaced the memory battery, but that didn't help. Ric went on OlGoat's computer and found a new CPU on Craig's list and found a newer CPU cheap, but time was against us. Dex's CPU is fried, but Solveig has a lot of data on the hard drive Dex would like to salvage. Any help he could get he would greatly appreciate, esp. now that his income tax return check has come. For a while there he was hurting for funds.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2009-05-02 6:14 PM (#26267 - in reply to #26219)

COMSUBBBS

Jon, do you think if I "rattled" Ray's cage, he might oblige???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software