Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: United States Submarines destroyed a total of 1,314 Japanese ships during World War II, including one battleship, eight aircraft carriers, fifteen cruisers, forty-two destroyers, and twenty-three submarines. Against this score, fifty-two U.S. Submarines were lost.
Cavalla work weekend
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

mpullen
Posted 2009-04-27 3:35 PM (#26119)
Mess cooking

Subject: Cavalla work weekend

The 8th, 9th and 10th of May will be the regularly scheduled work weekend and it will be a busy weekend for the volunteers that can come. As you already know the Cavalla is open for visitors but it still could use a good cleaning. We are preparing to conduct a Memorial Day Service as well later in May and it would be very much apprericated to see the Cavalla shine for that service. If there are adequate volunteers it would be a great idea to paint the exterior as well. That can be decided on the work weekend.

The above is from the www.cavalla.org volunteer message base.

The Cavalla base will be holding our meeting on Saturday morning, with some of us heading to the Park just after to work on what John wants us to do (after all, he is the COB), and nothing like having a LCDR, E-7's and E-8's, and others in the seaman gang .

My travel trailer is still onsite at the park, in case someone wants to stay overnight. John has a generator that will power the trailer if needed (plus he has my keys). Once the Stewart is habitable, I'll be moving the travel trailer out to a construction site at a new Renaissance Faire up by Austin.

Mike Pullen
USS Cavalla Base Commander
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software