Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I don't know why we have to be down here on this hold down exercise(at the 60th hour). Hell, I went through this on the Thresher (SS 200) during WW ll with a Nip Sea Going Tug hooked onto our screw guards, trying to lift our butts out of the water. They didn't get us then, and these Tin Cans (ours) ain't going to get us now." -- "Hambone" Hamilton SD1 (SS). "Hambone" made 13 war patrols on USS Remora, SS-487, uttered these words in July 1957 during a hold down exercise off Kobe Japan.
Hey Doc G and other bikers...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Launcher Lary
Posted 2009-04-25 1:06 PM (#26047)

Senior Crew

Subject: Hey Doc G and other bikers...

...finally took the plunge and got my license, then went out and bought a bike. I rode it to work the first day, wasn't what I had planned, being the new rider and all, riding 50 miles on a major highway one way, then the return trip at 2145. WOW, what a first real ride!!!!!! Anyway, I was looking at a HD 2003 Road King 100th ann edition, with only 2960 miles and for only 13,000, couldn't swing the payments, so I let it go. I then went to a local shop and bought a 2004 Yamaha V-Star Custom 1100cc with 2630 miles, it's even metal flake purple with a blue tint. I added Vance and Hines pipes to make it at least sound like an HD. It handles great, and after more seat time I'll try for the long ride and maybe me and ol' Doc G can meet up and head out west to invade places and spaces that way. See ya' on the highways and byways...

Biker Billy Bob
Doc Gardner
Posted 2009-04-25 1:46 PM (#26049 - in reply to #26047)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Hey Doc G and other bikers...

C'mon out to Michigan and we'll lay a course to meet up with our "host" Mr. Gentry and we can let him show us around the Pacific Northwest. Will they let 3 boatsailors on bikes in the state of Washington at the same time?
If that don't work just ride out here and we'll do some riding around Michigan; we can do the west coast after we both get some more "iron butt" time
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-04-25 4:13 PM (#26054 - in reply to #26049)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Hey Doc G and other bikers...

Oh Sweet Jesus, I can see it all now............. I'm thinking more and more about getting a trailer to hook to my Silverado and tag along as a chase vehicle. Might even install a "Tommy-Lift" to pick up pieces dropped along the way.
BillyBob, have you ever wondered why those used bike have such low miles on them? Yeah right, some Granny only rode it on Sundays going to church.
Corabelle
Posted 2009-04-25 8:44 PM (#26063 - in reply to #26049)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Doc, now here's the deal---

When Don Gentry was here in '07, he told me he wouldn't be back the next year ('08), but would make it in 2009. It is approximately 4 months before the Sturgis Rally, so I'm expecting him then. You hear that, Don? You, too Billy Bob.

Me and Sturgis are/is between you and Don, so it just makes sense for you to meet him (and me) here. We don't have 'ocean-front property' here, but we do have some mighty pretty scenery in the Black Hills (Pahasapa) and the Bad Lands. Don't know how to say 'Bad Lands' in Sioux.

I'm holdin' him to his word. Then, I can get my second bike ride for an 80th birthday present.

And, we can all drink to that! ;; ;;

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2009-04-25 8:47 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software