Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In World War II the Germans lost 782 submarines, the Japanese lost 130, Great Britan and Commonwealth countries lost 88 subs, Russia lost 110 submarines and the United States lost only 52 submarines. Twenty-three of the Japanese subs lost were victims of the American Submarine Service.
One tom, eleven hens
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sid Harrison
Posted 2009-03-28 5:51 AM (#25412)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: One tom, eleven hens

About 0730. Looking west from the house.

One tom and eleven hens.

He had earlier been all fanned out. In turkey speak it probably went
something like "hey girls, want some of this?"

I think spring may be on the way.
steamboat
Posted 2009-03-28 8:15 AM (#25416 - in reply to #25412)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: One tom, eleven hens

Great to see ya'll have turkey that far north. My first job after graduating from college was with the US Forest Service Northeastern Forest Experiment Station in Morgantown, WV. I worked closely with the Biologist conducting research on the wild turkey. At that time (1969-74) wild turkey were limited to eastern mountains and other remote areas. Since then they have repopulated much of the country, thanks to efforts by Biologists in transplanting and habitat management.
One day last spring wife and I were gazing out living room windows watching birds when we saw 3 hens with thier broods strool into yard. We lost count at 30 turkeys.
They are indeed a magnificant bird.
ENJOY!
Steamboat sends
Tom McNulty
Posted 2009-03-28 10:48 AM (#25418 - in reply to #25412)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: One tom, eleven hens

When I moved to Delaware in 1974 I used to see Turkeys up around Coatsville, PA and Kennett Square, PA. I haven't seen a one since the 90s. I did see about a dozen last year while golfing south of Pittsburgh. They were marching up the fairway behind the guy I was golfing with. I told him about a dozen were some 50ft behind him and were following him. He told me I was full of s&^t but then turned around. The Turkeys did a right flank march right into the trees. He'd never seen that many Turkeys on his home course. Quite a sight.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software