Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS Irex SS-482 was the first US submarine fitted with an operational snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in 1946.
DEX
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2009-03-27 8:07 PM (#25399)
Master and Commander

Subject: DEX

What a treat....I called to thank Dex for all he had done on the organization for Warshot's interment and got a nice female voice on the phone......I asked if I could talk to Dex and she said yes, hold on..........In our conversation, I asked Dex how Doris was doing.....he said...you just talked to her...so he put her back on the phone and we had a good conversation....Dex is right....she is just a great lady....easy to talk to, cheerful, and hopeful....

Kris is evidently going to be in town soon and I think Dex and Doris were frantic in making his place look like something other than a war zone in Iraq!

Dex misses having a PC and being able to get on line...but he says hi to everyone....I hope Kris can help him get back on line....

Just thought I would post that for all of you, like me, who didn't, couldn't make Warshot's interment.

Ric
Posted 2009-03-27 9:26 PM (#25400 - in reply to #25399)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: DEX

Dave. She is a sweet lady.

L to R: Dex, Doris, Ray, Joe Phoenix and Art Smith WW II vet with back to camera.

Stoops
Posted 2009-03-27 9:40 PM (#25402 - in reply to #25400)
Master and Commander

wow---she is very pretty....where in the hell was the red blooded American male that she should be an unclaimed treasure? Must be all the sub sailors were on patrol?

Thanks for the picture Ric...next time make sure you have Dex's back rather than a side shot in the picture, hee hee hee
Ralph Luther
Posted 2009-03-28 2:37 AM (#25407 - in reply to #25402)
COMSUBBBS

I met Doris at Warshot's Memorial and she is definitely one fine lady. She is fun to talk with and she does "try" and keep that old pharte, Dex, at ground level.
Cheers to you, Doris, and much luck.
Corabelle
Posted 2009-03-28 12:06 PM (#25421 - in reply to #25400)

COMSUBBBS

Yes, Doris is a pretty lady. Like someone else posted here, why was she an 'unclaimed treasure?" Somebody missed out.

Cora
Ric
Posted 2009-03-28 12:20 PM (#25426 - in reply to #25421)

Plankowner

All I know is she has never married.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software