Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Beeman Center at Sub Base Pearl Harbor was named for Arthur C Beeman, PhMC aboard the USS AMBERJACK (SS-219) on 4-Feb-43 - He was killed while the sub was engaged in a in gun action with a Japanese ammo ship..
Branson Patch Project new report and listing please read and share with your shipmates
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Skii
Posted 2009-01-15 8:59 PM (#23606)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Branson Patch Project new report and listing please read and share with your shipmates

Well we know that the reports needed refining and updating so Sue Rainey and I with the help of MANY shipmates and friends have refined and refreshed the report (we are sure more changes will come but all corrections will
be made as soon as received).

Report has boats in Hull numbers and by name
The patches that have been received or on the way are noted to avoid duplications and to give credit
to our many donors (very humbled by the WWII crewmembers that are participating)
The display will include a label with the Hull No, Name, Commissioning Date and struck date (or lost date)
We do not know what patches are available but we DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE ANY BOAT BEHIND that was
targeted for Commissioning for WWII service even those commissioned through early 1946.
We have also added to our lost boat section those that were lost in WWI and added the A-7 and R-12.
We are still refining the listing so any suggestions are welcomed e mail me at rjarenski@aol.com or call
me at 520 744-0869 and all will be evaluated and looked at. This display is for all ini the Submarine
Service and to honor WWII crews.

Here is the timeline: May 1 receive patches from indivdiduals or base contributors giving everyone an
opportunity to participate and be a part of this project
May 15 - Look for resources to get any missing patches
July 1 Do patch layout in cases and label each one
Design headers for display
September 15 - transport displays to Branson location (hopefully Veteran's
Museum after boards final approval)
October 9 - Unveil the display and formal presentation during the USS STERLET
SS392 Reunion (staying at the Lodge of the Ozarks

Again thank you so much for the support, the thorough activity of getting information to your shipmates, and
to all those that have assisted in helping getting information to make this as complete as possible.

I will be sending updates in the future as changes are made - when the final project is done we wil be
sending pictures of it as well as progess pictures.

Ski
Sterlet Assn Cdr/Secy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software