Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine, the TURTLE, was employed by the American revolutionary army to attack the British. It was built by David Bushnell at Saybrook, Connecticut, just a few miles from the present site of Electric Boat Division of the General Dynamics Corporation, and the U.S. Naval Submarine Base.
Well, it's a white Christmas...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-12-25 8:29 AM (#22870)

Plankowner

Subject: Well, it's a white Christmas...

...been snowing since before I got up and to beat all, one of the counties had finally plowed the street and pushed up a two foot high snow berm across the driveway. I live right on the county line so it could have been mine or the county across the street. Have to see if I can get out on the other side of the trailer park. Funny that they would do it now since they have both ignored the street up to now.

Going to plan B for Christmas. A lady friend who lives close to me and I are going to take in a movie and grill some steaks and maybe watch some DVD's.

Merry Christmas shipmates!

Ric
crystal
Posted 2008-12-25 8:34 AM (#22871 - in reply to #22870)

Master and Commander

Subject: Whiter Over Here Ric

Merry Christmas

(We're hunkered down for my four day weekend!)

Edited by crystal 2008-12-25 8:37 AM

(Robin_Lane_south.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Robin_Lane_south.JPG (84KB - 597 downloads)
Ric
Posted 2008-12-25 8:45 AM (#22872 - in reply to #22871)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Whiter Over Here Ric

Merry Christmas John and to Milly. Nice photo of your street, (?).

Ric

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-12-25 12:44 PM (#22881 - in reply to #22872)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Whiter Over Here Ric

Yeah that is their street.......the photo, simple but so beautiful.

Us guys from the land of no snow...or at least here in West Oz, just 'melt' over photos like that, so beautiful.

Yeah I know, I have had to shovel some snow and the novelty does wear off after a while, but it IS beautiful to look at scenes such as the one of the John and Millie's street.

The weather meanwhile will gradually warm up over the next week to over 100f......."YEEEEHAAAAA!"

Blue *_*
Flapper
Posted 2008-12-26 11:18 PM (#22910 - in reply to #22881)

Master and Commander

Subject: Blue, do you ...

Blue from West Oz - 2008-12-25 1:44 PMĀ The weather meanwhile will gradually warm up over the next week to over 100f......."YEEEEHAAAAA!"Blue *_*

...surf or body surf? Never thought to ask you that when you stopped by Tucson. I love to body surf ... when I can find some waves and the water temperature is sufficient.
I would imagine there might be some good surfing down your way.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-12-27 2:09 AM (#22911 - in reply to #22870)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Well, it's a white Christmas...

Tried to surf as a kid when I came over from England but, well....the less said about that the better.

I did however, manage to ride a wave once, at Waikiki Beach in 1986....what a thrill that was. *_*

Body surfing I love, unfortunately here in the Rockingham are we have protected beaches from the nearby reefs so therefore we don't get 'waves'.

We do however get the occasional Great White Shark and this time a 51 yr old man was taken sometime today in front of his son and as yet there has been no body found.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24846593-1245,00.html

I live about 1 km from this beach, lovely beach for young kids.....well, not for a while yet maybe which is a bummer as we are going to have 3 days of 39 C hit us this week coming.

Blue *_*

steamboat
Posted 2008-12-27 3:59 AM (#22912 - in reply to #22910)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Blue, do you ...

Flapper, so this body surfing.... I reckon you do it in the San Padro??? Does the BLM know this??? LOL!! Gotcha back for my spelling errors, ol' buddy.
Steamboat sends
Flapper
Posted 2008-12-27 4:38 PM (#22937 - in reply to #22912)

Master and Commander

Subject: No, Steamboat, the Santa Cruz!

steamboat - 2008-12-27 4:59 AMFlapper, so this body surfing.... I reckon you do it in the San Padro??? Does the BLM know this??? LOL!! Gotcha back for my spelling errors, ol' buddy.Steamboat sends

The San Pedro is well east of Tucson, coming out of Mexico and flowing (when there's water) past Tombstone and Benson on I-10. It then continues N until it feeds the Gila River.
The Santa Cruz River also comes N from Nogales, runs through Tucson, has even less flow than the San Pedro ... except during heavy monsoon rains. It's amusing that it was recently declared 'navigable waters' to protect the riparian corridor but the only way to navigate it would be by canoe with frequent portages to get through dry spots!
I make reasonably frequent pilgrimages to Maui to get my body surfing in.
Before I moved down here I lived and worked in Santa Cruz CA, and my factory was right across the street from Natural Bridges State Beach. I would occasionally go body surfing during my lunch hour ... bare back! (No wetsuit) Gads, that water was cold (~60 F) so I'd come out when my lips were blue and I couldn't feel my feet. That's when I decided going to Hawai'i was a MUCH nicer way to go.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software