Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
Been shoveling snow....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-12-23 10:53 AM (#22794)

Plankowner

Subject: Been shoveling snow....

..off my porch awning. Starting to get roofs and awnings collapsing around here from the weight of the snow. Mine was starting to bow. Got about 50% of it off. We're going to get hit again tonight and tomorrow with more of the white stuff. I've got a foot of it right now.

All my friends are starting to ask each other if we know of anyplace that is going to have dancing. We are sliding into dance withdrawal!!! Just got word that another dance for tonight has been shut down due to weather.

(Cranks up the music and dances around the kitchen)

Land Lubber
Posted 2008-12-23 3:31 PM (#22807 - in reply to #22794)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Been shoveling snow....

Be careful in the white stuff. When was the last time you saw so much snow in such a short time? I know it's been a few years since I saw rain in December. Sothern California has been dry for a few years now. I enjoy hearing it beating on the roof but I hate trying to drive anywhere in it. It's not the slippery roads that bother me but the drivers here think driving inches from your rear bumper is still ok no matter how much rain is falling.

Now as for dancing.....do you have any lodges or halls nearby or do they charge to much. Maybe with all the snow and ice they might be willing to deal.
Steve

Edited by Land Lubber 2008-12-23 3:32 PM
AtoZ
Posted 2008-12-24 6:15 AM (#22826 - in reply to #22807)

Great Sage of the Sea

Geez, what a bunch of candy asses! Come to the Northeast and get used to Snow, Ice, Sleet, Rain, Cold, Heat generally all in the same month. Right here in NYC we went from 60 something to 10 degrees in the same week, we had an ice storm, 6" of snow and today for Xmas Eve its gonna rain all day with temps in the 40's. Watched to grandkids play basketball in the park one day last week and woke up the next morning with the furnace going full blast and the car looking like an igloo with an antenna.

Anyway, everybody have a happy holiday [ Chrismas, Chanukah, Kwanza, whatever] season regardless of the weather.

PS You gotta learn to build your roofs to handle a reasonable snow load, and to crank up your awnings in the winter.

Ric
Posted 2008-12-24 7:40 AM (#22828 - in reply to #22826)

Plankowner

Steve,

Been there , done that.. that is why I live where I do. 99.99% of the time we don't have to put up with all of that!

LOL

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely Mrs.

Ric

HO, HO, HO,....... (sounds like I'm makin' a Stankie Hood assent)

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-24 11:13 AM (#22840 - in reply to #22826)
COMSUBBBS

Hey Steve, Yep, I'm a candy ass from Buffalo. Came here to Charleston in '61 and never looked back. Well, not too many times . The best of the Holidays to you and your family.
iPOD
Posted 2008-12-24 2:32 PM (#22847 - in reply to #22794)

Master and Commander

And you think you've got it bad Bloody Hell mate you should put up with what I had to suffer through yesterday I mean the temperature dropped below 80 F on the golf course yesterday and I nearly had to abandon the round a go fishing instead, come to think of it I'd have probably been more successful fishing.

Land Lubber
Posted 2008-12-26 2:33 PM (#22905 - in reply to #22847)
Old Salt

Hey iPOD, Ya know someone should come out with a combination rod & reel / putter combo. I bet they could sell a million of them.
Steve

Thanks everybody. I had a good Christmas. Hope ya all did too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software