Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Insignia of the Navy's submarine service is a submarine flanked by two dolphins. Dolphins, or porpoises, the traditional attendants to Poseidon, Greek God of the Sea and patron deity of sailors, are symbolic of a calm sea, and are sometimes called the 'sailors' friend. In addition to the Dolphins, those World War II submariners who participated in successful combat patrols may wear the coveted Submarine Combat Insignia.
UGGS
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-12-21 9:37 AM (#22738)
Master and Commander

Subject: UGGS

Calling All Aussies! Saw Ads for Ugg shoes, boots, ect. They say they are Aussie products and some look pretty good! So have any of you guys any info about them???
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-21 1:59 PM (#22742 - in reply to #22738)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: UGGS

Robert, that's the sound you make when you walk in those things. Maybe Ray should try them out.
Flapper
Posted 2008-12-21 9:57 PM (#22748 - in reply to #22738)

Master and Commander

Razz 'em if you want Ralph, and they aren't built to Italian standards of elegance, but! Uggs are a blessing for cold tootsies when you can't (or don't want to) build a roaring fire in the fireplace or jack that electric portable heater up to high, or crank the thermostat up to 80 F on a cold winter eve.

I love mine!
RCK
Posted 2008-12-22 8:41 AM (#22753 - in reply to #22738)
Master and Commander

How cold does it get in Tucson?
Flapper
Posted 2008-12-22 3:03 PM (#22763 - in reply to #22753)

Master and Commander

RCK - 2008-12-22 9:41 AMHow cold does it get in Tucson?

The lowest I've seen at my house (in the 7 years Ive been here) was 20 F. Our first freeze (officially, at the airport) was yesterday morning, but it can happen any time after mid Nov.
But it really depends on where you live; I live in the Catalina foothills. However my golf course, which is nestled at one of the lowest spots in the area near the Tanque Verde wash, gets cold air flowing down the nearby Rincon Mountains and the Catalinas ... and it can be 10 - 15 degrees colder there than at my house.
Tucson climate data
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software