Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In clear water, a submerged submarine can be spotted from the air at depths up to 100 feet.
Time for a "sit-rep on snow"
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-12-20 3:41 AM (#22674)

Master and Commander

Subject: Time for a "sit-rep on snow"

How about all you (us) northern guys giving a sit-rep on how much snow this latest storm dumped on us.
We got about a foot of new snow on Thursday/Friday. Looks like we'll have a white Christmas in Michigan. Makes that little dusting that Stoops posted look like a rehearsal for the real deal.
How about the rest of you guys; how much snow did you actully get?
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-12-20 4:43 AM (#22675 - in reply to #22674)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Time for a "sit-rep on snow"

Well,  "us guys", here in NY got around 10 inches yesterday...it's still sleeting/snowing here and we are expected to get maybe another 6 inches before tomorrow...depending on "where" the snowline finally ends up.  They are showing somewhere in the vicinity of I-84, if
all "youse guys" are familiar with it...but that could change.  Well, I know what I'm going to be doing today...the "big guy" is fighting
off a nasty attack of Menier's (vestibular nerve disorder) which causes him to have dizzy spells, nausea & such...and he had an ear infection to go along with it, which could very well have been the cause of the attack.  So, when "daylight" shows her face, I will don the old snowsuit
and boots, and get to work.  I took a couple of pix yesterday and one from this morning...doesn't look like much of a change, but there is...
can't wait to see what it will look like, when it's all said and done...WHOOPPEE!!!  Any one know of a someone with a good snow plow???

(100_3216A.jpg)

(100_3220A.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_3216A.jpg (37KB - 653 downloads)
Attachments 100_3220A.jpg (30KB - 633 downloads)
PaulR
Posted 2008-12-20 4:44 AM (#22676 - in reply to #22674)

Master and Commander

This is the first "real" snow we have seen this year and it looks to be about 7".  We've had a couple of dustings up till now.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW...there could be as much as 10-12" out there.

Fun with the 13HP snow blower later.

Edited by PaulR 2008-12-20 5:04 AM
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-12-20 5:08 AM (#22679 - in reply to #22674)
Master and Commander

A certain little, much maligned, Scottie wishes to issue a disclaimer. She is doing her best to keep "DOC" upright. However, due to the effects of some perloined Texas Single Malt, this is becoming more difficult with each passing sip. She wants all to know that if "DOC" goes down this Christmas, it won't be due to anything she did. She isn't sure if she should yell MEDIC, Corpsman or Nurse. She is having difficulty learning these new words, her Scottish accent you know. Plus she feels that octopuss "DOC" regularly fights with was responsible for the last incident on the ice.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-20 5:25 AM (#22681 - in reply to #22674)
COMSUBBBS

Awww geezz, you guys get all the fun! It was 79f here in Charleston yesterday and going to 76f today. A slight haze in the sky at this hour 0820, but, the sun will soon burn it off. Guess I'll have to suffer and launch the center console into the salty water and see if there is any activity out at the jetties. I admit that it is a little to cool for wearing the speedo today. Some cut off jeans and t-shirt ought to work though.
All y'all come see us now, ya hear.
Mac McCoy
Posted 2008-12-20 7:59 AM (#22696 - in reply to #22674)
Senior Crew

NO, NO, NO, Ralph we got too many Darned Yankees here now. Lord knows we dont need any more. Of course most of them are "halfbacks". Moved from Yankee land to Florida and now they are moving half way back. NO NO NO let them stay up there in all that ice and snow while we suffer here in all this nice weather.
Ric
Posted 2008-12-20 8:23 AM (#22697 - in reply to #22674)

Plankowner

Well, in my area I have about 4 inches right now and due to increase anywhere from 4 to 8 inches more tonight and tomorrow maybe as much as a foot. That doesn't sound too bad until it turns into freezing rain Sunday night into Monday morning or a combination of both.

The side streets here are sheets of ice. Especially if it is a hill, (we have lots of those). You all have seen this fiasco with the two charter buses on the national news. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvsw-yXJcZQ lots of vids posted here of it.

The Seattle area is strange with our notorious "convergence zone" weather. The other day Seattle had zero snow and every place around it got a trace or up to 2 feet! So, how much I will get is really up in the air. I have chains on the car if needed.

PaulR
Posted 2008-12-20 9:53 AM (#22702 - in reply to #22696)

Master and Commander

You guys keep bragging about your perfect weather on one hand, and complain about people showing up to call your bluff, with the other.  Make up your mind, will you?

The only people that you are attracting are the malcontents and the weak stock that can't
"hack it".  They did not fit in here either. 

Those of us who choose to remain in the horrible confines of the North are nevertheless truly appreciative of the extra room, now that they have moved out.

I hope you are all happy together.

Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-12-20 11:50 AM (#22706 - in reply to #22675)

Master and Commander

Patti: those pictures could just as well be my house; we look about the same. It's about 17F right now but sunny; supposed to get another round of snow tomorrow.
I'm not dreaming of a White Christmas anymore; it's here and looks to be hanging around for a while.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-20 2:16 PM (#22709 - in reply to #22696)
COMSUBBBS

Mac, we make sure their suit cases stay packed in the hall.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-12-20 2:20 PM (#22712 - in reply to #22697)
COMSUBBBS

Ric, I know to well the winter fiasco in the Northwest. I've done many a mile there dragging 2 of those FedEx Ground trailers and trying to keep them in a fairly straight line.
Corabelle
Posted 2008-12-20 5:50 PM (#22724 - in reply to #22706)

COMSUBBBS

Be careful walking the dog, Doc.

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software