Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Without courage, you might as well not be in it. You’ve got to have courage--moral courage, physical courage--and honor. Honor means telling the truth even when it might not be to your advantage" Retired Capt. Charles W. Rush Jr. (85), Navy Cross recipient, when asked to give advice to Chiefs and Junior Officers in today's submarine service.
Just took Doris to the Hospital for her Surgery
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-21 5:08 AM (#21692)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Just took Doris to the Hospital for her Surgery

Got up at 3:30AM...jumped in the sheep dip, scraped my face, brushed my teeth and realigned what hair I have left....hopped into fresh duds....brewed coffee that would float railroad locomotive parts...wolfed it down....and cranked up my mini-van, aka "Sparky the Wonder Pony", warmed it up. (At 4:30AM it was colder than the perverbial "witches hooter"....I took off and arrived at Doris's thirty minutes later.) Time has never been Doris's master....but, Allah be Praised, she was ready to go. We went through the "have you got?" checklist...pre-registration forms?...Blue Cross/Blue Shield card?....did you mark your breast with "This One", so the doc doesn't whittle on the wrong one?....Do you have my cell phone number? Do you remember to take a ballpoint and write my cell phone number on your wrist? Do you remember to ask for medications? prescriptions? advice on changing dressings?....Once we had done this doo-dah dance, I took her down and parked her in the passenger seat of Sparky the Wonder Pony.....Ever since the initial discovery of Doris's cancer, Doris has run the entire spectrum of human emotion...crying jags, fear, imagining ever possible boogaboo that could be lurking for her out there, visualizing the possibility of a protracted terminal condition....So I was prepared to act in the same capacity as the guy who takes condemed prisoners to the lethal injection gurnery....SURPRISE, SURPRISE...She got into the van, flashed me her trademark smile and said, "Tonight it will all be over....No more waiting and wondering." WHEW...We laughed about her pending weight loss....The use of her secret compartment in her empty bra cup....getting "half off" bra sales 365 days a year....contributing the removed tissue to be used as a teenage boy training aid...We laughed all the way to the Patients Entrance at the Alexandria Hospital....So here I am waiting for the phone call to go pick her up and bring her home. Thanks to all of you who have given her your kindness and support. I will keep you posted...DEX
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-11-21 6:21 AM (#21697 - in reply to #21692)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Just took Doris to the Hospital for her Surgery

Good onya, Dex!! We'll be thinking and praying for her especially today.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software