Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: “What wordy praise can one give such men as these; men who … follow unhesitatingly when in the vicinity of minefields so long as there is the possibility of targets … Men who flinch not with the fathometer ticking off two fathoms beneath the keel … Men who will fight to the last bullet and then start throwing the empty shell cases. These are submariners.” - Eugene Fluckey in his final war patrol report aboard USS Barb
Just an idea......
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-15 6:36 PM (#21549)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Just an idea......

I went down to our local ROY ROGERS tonight to get a Double "R" Burger meal....They're great if you are suffering from severe low-cloresterol and lack of artery grease. After I got my change and Double "R" meal (to include my grease dripping fries and funny smelling cole-slaw) I went outside and pumped the required two quarters in the WASHINGTON POST vending machine and pulled out today's paper. I went into Roy's with the simple intent of reading my Post and getting wrapped around my meal.....Everything was going great until I got to page A15 and there on the top of the page the headline read SADR THREATENS ATTACKS ON U.S. TROOPS IF ACCORD PASSES....And two bolts of lightning shot out of me in the vicinity of my hippockets. Listen, you raghead simpleton, we may not know where in the hell Bin-Laden is...but we have your address....We know exactly where you hang out and have photos, profiles and addresses for each and every goon who works for you. Now here's the deal....You ever watch a late night program on MSNBC called "Lock-Up"? After watching a couple of installments, I have come to recognize that we have an over abundance of REALLY nasty, extremely violent sonuvabitches locked up in our maximum security prisons...guys who rape nuns, diddle innocent pre-schoolers and stomp kittens and baby chicks. Here's what we do...We let them out, shave them, shower them and dress them in Indianapolis COLTS uniforms, jackets and knit beanies....(Why COLTS? The COLTS were the Pride of Baltimore....Poor kids from depressed neighborhoods were the most dedicated and loyal fans any professionalsports team ever had,,,EVER....In many instances the COLTS were the only good things in their impoverished lives.....Johnny U. and Artie Donovan were their religious icons and Memorial Stadium was the cathedral where their faith was practiced....Then the low-life scuz wad who owned the COLTS packed up in the dark of night and slinked out of town like the rotten snake the bastard was.....I live 70 miles away, but the next day we could hear children's hearts in Baltimore breaking and the storm sewer backed up with their tears. After that, I gave up on professional football....I couldn't tell you the name of any sonuvabitch playing today....have no idea who played in any Super Bowl since then and would rather watch a Gene Autry film or a Three Stooges Marathon than a professional NFL game. So we dress these rotten sonuvabitches up like Indianapolis Colts players and helo lift them like a load of unruly trick-or-treaters to Moqtada al-Sadr"s front door and tell them that we will provide the guy who comes out of al-Sadr's house with his severed head, amputated testicles, directions to his Mother's house and the keys to his Rolls-Royce....will get a full pardon, Iraqi citizenship papers and located in the Iraqi witness protection program OR a really good job on the assembly line at a Detroit auto assembly plant......The terrorists will obviously blame the CIA and the Indianapolis COLTS and issue a fatwah on both.....Thus giving a Christmas present to all the "never forget or forgive" COLTS fans and lovers of honor and decency everywhere. bin-Sadr's testicles could be bronzed and auctioned on E-Bay, with the proceeds going to buy Christmas presents for the children of deployed troops and the legal defense fund of those two locked up Border Patrol agents. Ah, the sweetness of long over due revenge....DEX
viejo
Posted 2008-11-15 6:43 PM (#21551 - in reply to #21549)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Just an idea......

Perhaps the more proper venue for this type of NSR would be on another BBS which has a very appropriate post name for someone to spew forth rants like this.
Viejo
John Bay
Posted 2008-11-15 6:55 PM (#21552 - in reply to #21551)
Old Salt

viejo - 2008-11-15 9:43 PM

Perhaps the more proper venue for this type of NSR would be on another BBS which has a very appropriate post name for someone to spew forth rants like this.
Viejo

How dare you, Horsefly!
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-15 7:03 PM (#21553 - in reply to #21549)

COMSUBBBS

I'm sorry,never realized there might be a bin-Sadr or COLTS fan out there. You're a sad example of someone who can't distinguish between a rant and rediculous humor...bet you are a modern day naval product. It's a joke doofus....a silly nonsensical rambling diatribe meant to trigger humorous response. What world do you live in? Man, everytime I read your stupid response and realize their are people out there who can find fault with something only meant to evoke laughter, I feel sad that these poor bastards must be consigned to swim in a sea of cynical mindlessness. Horsefly....Let me help you out here...(A) I don't really advocate releasing evil people (B) I don't know if the Iraqi's have a witness protection program nor do I have any juice with the folks who do the hiring in the auto industry...and last (C) I do not care for the professional sports corporate policy that moves teams that people in certain municipalities have come to be identified with...plead quilty to that...so if that's what made you get judgemental and tinkle in your panties, have at it. I hope you feel better after vomiting forth your venom. I got a phone call from a dear friend to tell me about your follow-up post...It began "DEX...You're not going to believe what some idiot I've never heard of crawled out from under a rock and posted.....The jerk couldn't see the humor in it. What happened to people who immediately recognized tongue and cheek funny stuff." Mike, I have no idea. DEX
John Bay
Posted 2008-11-15 7:07 PM (#21555 - in reply to #21553)
Old Salt

Subject: And I quote...

"Submarine Discussion
Limited as much as possible to submarine-related topics. No politics or religion, etc. and keep it clean."
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-15 7:28 PM (#21556 - in reply to #21549)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Even better idea......Leprachauns and Rabid Mice

We could round up a truckload of rogue Leprachauns and send them through a Special Ops highly classified course at their local community college.....Then give each Leprachaun a rabid underfed mouse in a zip-lock bag and parachute them onto the roof of al-Sadr's house where they could locate the laundry room ventillation stack...enter the house and poke the rabid mice down al-Sadr's pajama pants. They could take photos of al-Sadr running around the house with rabid mice dangling from his butt in the "rig for locked jaws" position and auction the photos with the proceeds going for sense of humor transplants for folks who didn't get issued the intelligence to recognize an attempt at stupid tapdancing in the tapiocca of the sublimely dumb world of rediculous leg-pulling and long range ants in the pants. DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-15 7:29 PM (#21557 - in reply to #21549)

COMSUBBBS

John, You too surprise me......DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-15 7:36 PM (#21558 - in reply to #21549)

COMSUBBBS

John, When did you acquire your sanctimonious leanings? Sad....You are one that I would have thought would have been one to defend me. Guess, in this topsy-turvy world of political correctness it's hard as hell to tell a true friend and shipmate from someone who will jump you. Apparently what I have heard about you fails to match the reality. DEX
GaryKC
Posted 2008-11-15 11:15 PM (#21560 - in reply to #21549)

COMSUBBBS

Have you ever had a friend or a family member say something that just wasn’t right? Have you ever said something that you didn’t quite express like you wanted to? Have you ever felt that someone else doesn’t really understand what you are thinking? At times, we all have muttered a thought or voiced an opinion we regret, its human nature. Sometimes it’s not what we say but how we say it.

I have never met any of the posters on this submarine forum and I can honestly say I think of each of you as family. Whether you rant or gripe, shout or complain and even piss and moan it’s often like listening to a father or mother, brother or sister seated around a big dining room table. I can’t see the stern looks or the grins and smiles; I can’t see the tears or hear the sniffles. I can’t hear the laughter and farts.

What I can see are fellow members of a family. Folks that share experiences and memories, some good and some bad. Ones that tell jokes and show photos, offer advice and recipes, prayers and get well cards. What I can see are individuals and families of individuals who enjoy speaking and listening to others with similar interests.

What I do see is a bunch of old coots, gathered on a porch drinking lemonade and single malt scotch. Sitting in our rocking chairs, some wearing blue Wally world vests, some not. Slapping our thighs and laughing, carefully laughing so our store bought teeth won’t slide out and break. Whipping out our wallets and passing dried, folded monuments of our pasts.

What I do see is a place to discuss things we did and places we went. What I do see is helpful and caring sewer pipe professionals poking fun at each other. What I do see is an opportunity for myself to hunker down with a bunch of those old veterans before I die. Thank you very much.

(BUTT.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BUTT.gif (9KB - 586 downloads)
viejo
Posted 2008-11-16 1:47 AM (#21563 - in reply to #21553)

Senior Crew

Since this didn't end up with the note I was replying to, let me just say that this is in reply to the note above John's note, not to what John had to say.
Well, I read Don's pages because many here are in line with our creed and focus on doing things to help shipmates and remember those who gave their all. Our lives are full of crud ( sorry it's a Nuke word that came out way before you qualified) that others produced and some who don't do anything; spend their lives full of griping about what others do. Then there are those who decide to be proactive and be busy with things that are good and can be done. All societies have their little rules and when we post on someone's board and there are rules, if we are somewhat mature, then we abide by them. If we are still hovering between childish and senility, then I suppose we ignore them. There are so many good things going on about subvets and museum boats and our shipmates, that it would be nice to know when clicking on an article on a BBS designed for sub related news, that that is what you would be reading. If ole Mike wants to know who I am, I am sure he can find me listed somewhere on the USSVI pages.

Oh, thanks for adding the word stupid to others you have used when when writing emails about me to people. I take it as a compliment.
Bill"Viejo" Lee LIB BC and a few other things.

Edited by viejo 2008-11-16 1:49 AM
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-11-16 2:05 AM (#21564 - in reply to #21555)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: And I quote...

John Bay - 2008-11-16 9:07 AM

"Submarine Discussion
Limited as much as possible to submarine-related topics. No politics or religion, etc. and keep it clean."

C'mon John, you know that doesn't happen, most if not all of my posts are 'non submarine related'....I usually talk about my next trip to the USA and what a great/not so good time I have had etc.

There is heaps of religious stuff posted here, just about every other day someone is praying to the Lord for saving some soul or asking us to keep 'x' in our prayers ( well, those that pray anyway ) and as for politics, Don has allowed it as long as it doesn't get 'heated' etc.

So if people only want submarine stuff on here, then there wouldn't be much discussing going on.

Blue *_*
Boy Throttleman
Posted 2008-11-16 5:20 AM (#21565 - in reply to #21549)

Old Salt

Subject: I have Just an idea......

Lets take humor as humor and serious as serious and not mix the 2. Ignore the posts and threads that piss you off.
Me I still miss the gotohell fun of OlGoats board. Those were the days, as close as we will ever get back to a late night BS session in the mess hall. Or better yet a near drunken semi incoherant 20 minutes before closing time sex discussion in the back booth at Bells.
SOB490
Posted 2008-11-16 7:25 AM (#21566 - in reply to #21553)

Old Salt

OK, I've pulled my own post.

Like some sage said years ago when Roundtini's BBS was going thru some caustic times, take it to E-mail. Not bad advice.

Edited by SOB490 2008-11-16 7:35 AM
subvetss
Posted 2008-11-16 9:56 AM (#21571 - in reply to #21566)
Senior Crew

Subject: RENow listen up!

I have been playing on BBS' since Martini's board was a brand new puppy. I have seen the ups and downs of all of them. I have met many of you face to face at my home since I had the first 'Sub Bash" in 1997 and 8 more that followed. I remember how the Torsk work weekends got started. I remember how some other boat work parties got started. I have seen many prolific writers post on the boards. Some styles I prefer over others. The current 'Bard' is a legend in his own mind. I have discovered we seem to take ourselves to seriously. I have suggested at times that certain folks consider therapy. (That suggestion has been ignored. Just as well.)
My suggestion at this time is that You all form a circle, hold hands and join in a rousing chorus singing Kum-bi-ya ( or however it's spelled.)
Later children,
Joe'the'Most
Sid Harrison
Posted 2008-11-16 10:11 AM (#21573 - in reply to #21566)

Great Sage of the Sea

SOB490 - 2008-11-16 10:25 AMOK, I've pulled my own post.

Hey Bill,

Only until you need glasses...

----
Oh nevermind. Thought you said pud.

Glasses help.

Sid
SOB490
Posted 2008-11-16 10:34 PM (#21578 - in reply to #21573)

Old Salt

Subject: Need Glasses

>>>Glasses help.

Can I borrow yours, Sid? Mine are all steamed over. Or, there is something on them, anyway! What is that stuff?

Yeah, I wrote something clever and witty about slamming s**thouse doors then thought better of it - like we all learned long ago, responding in kind only encourages ...
SOB490
Posted 2008-11-16 10:38 PM (#21579 - in reply to #21571)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: RENow listen up!

>>>My suggestion at this time is that You all form a circle, hold hands and join in a rousing chorus singing Kum-bi-ya

Joe - how many times I gotta tell you --- that comes AFTER January 21st! Uh, how does that go, again? Are we going to have a rehearsal first or just wing it?
PEP
Posted 2008-11-18 3:04 PM (#21621 - in reply to #21558)

Senior Crew

Dex, just a learned wisdom of some very good advise. If nothing positive can come from what is said or done, why do it in the first place? It was just an opinion as everyone has one. Why climb on someone who's opinion happens to be different than your own. I read your posts because most put a smile on my face and then out of the blueyou change your mode of thinking and for what purpose can it have but to cause a s**tstorm. Makes no sense! to have something you normally have to give up something, law of the land. You've climbed on me because you misunderstood just what I was trying to get across which most of the time I have a hard time doing I feel thanks to all the damn drugs I'm force to take just to BE NORMAL. Life is too short and getting shorter a whole lot faster than most of us would like but thats the way it is. Let me use my favoritist word for a moment. before responding to something that didn't fit well in you gullet Ponder a moment and try and put everything in prespective. We've all changed since the days of being young and invinceable. I appreciate your tallents with the English language maybe more than most but knowing when to hold'em is part of the wisdom that we've all earned with age.
Just my own opinion and shouldn't be something to get all upset about enough to take a chance of losing another sandbox.
Remember there is no expiration date on any of our Dolphins.
PEP
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-11-19 8:45 PM (#21665 - in reply to #21549)

COMSUBBBS

Jeezus PEP....I can never understand anything you compose...I'm sure folks do, but I'm too damn dumb to unravel your holier than thou wisdom and digest your sermons....Your stuff is lost on me. I hate to see you waste so much time on my behalf when I can't understand a damn thought you bolt together...only that you are so wrapped around your own axel that you are a self annointed guardian of the sacred vessel from which all good and wisdom flows....I'm sure that you are a gentle sweet person who spends a great deal of time poking his nose into things and spreading rose petals on seas of termoil......Don't waste your time on me (a) I can assure you I'm not worth it....(b) find your sanctimonious casting of pearls before swine, goofy and ridiculous and (c) Your ravings make me get oin my knees and thank God, I never was cooped up inside a pressure hull with you. Your friend DEX
PEP
Posted 2008-11-20 2:29 PM (#21681 - in reply to #21665)

Senior Crew

.I can never understand anything you compose.

Dex thats because you aren't listening or you don't want to listen. I wasn't being judgemental in my comments. far from it. I guess it just doesn't matter to you. Tell you what, I'm wrong, you're right and we'll leave it at that. You're the only one who has control over you and decide to either hold'em, or cut loose with with a mouthful of revenge over something most of us thingk is pretty trival. My post had nothing to do with my religeon, had everything to do with our outlook on others who in your own words have Dolphins without an expireation date on them which aparently are a bunch of empty words to you. Whether you understand or think you understand what a person is trying to get across you don't care enough for that individual regardless of being qualified in submarines as you hold so in high regard but doesn't apply to all who have BTDT. Instead of asking what exactly was meant by a comment you would rather do the Dex 2-step. My point to you was this, did you or did you not get enjoyment from belittleing me or (and I can't remember who started your rant) because I saw absolutely nothing positive from your words you felt had to be said. thats it. nothing difficult to understand only if you chose not to understand. So not to worry anymore there Dex because I won't try and give an alternative to spewing venom and giving you more cause to attack me anymore. You have plenty of others to attack and feel good about it so you don't need me to give you pleasure.
Nuff said
PEP
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software