Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Leonardo da Vinci, the Florentine Renaissance inventor and artist, developed plans for an underwater warship but kept them secret. He was afraid that it would make war even more frightful than it already was.
How I got into submarines
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> How I Got Into SubmarinesMessage format

MAD DOG
Posted 2007-08-31 11:25 AM (#7008)

Master and Commander

Subject: How I got into submarines

I can attribute my initial desire to be a submariner to 3 people.they are,in no particular order,Clark Gable,Burt Lancaster,&my dad.To my knowlege all of these folks were NQPs,but it was them who introduced me to submarines & sparked my interest that would lead to a 20 year ride that I will never forget or regret. In 1958 my dad took me to see the film RUN SILENT RUN DEEP which I consider the most powerfull "shipover flic"of all time.The dvd is one of my most prized possessions.While on a fishing trip with my dad to the upper penninsula of Michigan I witnessed the last voyage of the captured German U-boat U-505 as she passed through the straights of Macanaw at Saulte st. Marie(sp?)on her way to Chicago.Thanks Clark,Burt,&Dad.I'll be forever gratefull for your guidance. MAD DOG
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software