Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "They also serve those who only stand and wait" - Eleanor Rickover, quoting Milton's "On His Blindness"
Tim Spoon
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

steamboat
Posted 2017-10-10 5:03 AM (#85323)
Master and Commander

Subject: Tim Spoon

Has anyone heard from Tim? Are the raging wildfires close to his ranch in Northern California?
Stay safe, Shipmate!!

Steamboat sends

Edited by steamboat 2017-10-10 5:06 AM
TSpoon
Posted 2017-10-11 9:03 AM (#85335 - in reply to #85323)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Tim Spoon

Hey Steamboat,

I sort of answered you below.

None of the fires are near our land at the moment. A lot of years back a fire that started in the county north of us spread south and we lost about two sections of winter feed grass. The Forest Service fire fighters came through fighting that fire and their bull dozers went through fences and what ever to fight it. They came back a month later and repaired anything they destroyed like fences and gates. They also cleaned the dirt roads. They actually improved things for us.

Rumor was that the fire was set to burn out a marijuana grow operation.

Thanks for asking Steamboat,
T.Spoon
steamboat
Posted 2017-10-11 10:51 AM (#85336 - in reply to #85335)
Master and Commander

Good news that you are safe, Tim. But terrible about other shipmates and other residents. Fire leaves nothing to salvage, unlike a flood. It must be a frightening time when uncontrolled fire is whipped up by fast winds.
I recall when I worked at John Day Dam fighting range fires along Columbia River caused by sparks from Burlington Northern RR. Fires spread by the famous Gorge winds, especially in spring. They could spread 25 miles in matter of less than an hour. Lucky though, they usually stayed low, away from development. Cheat grass up there just screamed out "Burn Me"!

Steamboat sends
Runner485
Posted 2017-10-11 12:23 PM (#85337 - in reply to #85335)

COMSUBBBS

TSpoon - 2017-10-11 12:03 PMHey Steamboat,I sort of answered you below.None of the fires are near our land at the moment. A lot of years back a fire that started in the county north of us spread south and we lost about two sections of winter feed grass. The Forest Service fire fighters came through fighting that fire and their bull dozers went through fences and what ever to fight it. They came back a month later and repaired anything they destroyed like fences and gates. They also cleaned the dirt roads. They actually improved things for us. Rumor was that the fire was set to burn out a marijuana grow operation.Thanks for asking Steamboat,T.Spoon

Tim, you weren't anywhere near that grow operation burn when it was lit off, in hopes of a free for nothing contact, were you?
Just wondering!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software