Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The submarine was not generally recognized as a legitimate instrument of warfare until the Civil War.
Question For Apple Gurus (NSR)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Tom Conlon
Posted 2017-08-10 9:46 AM (#84646)
Old Salt

Subject: Question For Apple Gurus (NSR)

I'm considering purchasing an Apple iPad. Considering that I'm a PC & Android guy, I'm a little out of my element. My question is: Aside from price, what's the difference between the iPad and the iPad Pro? Which is the better buy? I don't plan to do anything "fancy" with it, although I'd like to be able to print from it. It'll basically be my secondary take-it-on-the-road device when I don't want or have to take the laptop on the road. All thoughts gratefully accepted.
Runner485
Posted 2017-08-10 12:00 PM (#84647 - in reply to #84646)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Question For Apple Gurus (NSR)

Tom,
I already had an iPhone5 when I went with an iPad Air2. So my learning curve was not that steep. My bro-in-law has a Pro. Too expensive if your only gonna surf the internet. I love the graphics and the clarity of the photos of the Air. I use my iPhone 7 more then the pad, but I travel with the iPad. It's a convenience that I enjoy rather then lugging along my laptop.

Hope your feeling as good as can be.
The best
Joe Roche  
rover177
Posted 2017-08-12 10:55 PM (#84672 - in reply to #84646)
Master and Commander

Have been an Apple user since January 2009. Had one faulty hard drive, replaced under extended warranty. Desk Top, Note Book and iPad can all be updated through the Time Capsule automatically if I wish.

Only software problem has been with different versions of Microsoft Office - PowerPoint is not compatible with Presentations, everything else has worked. Microsoft software failed, Apple software didn't. Microsoft Software has more failures on the newish Windows machine owned by SWMBO.
Tom Conlon
Posted 2017-08-13 5:46 PM (#84692 - in reply to #84646)
Old Salt

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to purchase the Standard-issue iPad. Will get the wi-fi only model. I have wi-fi at home and at homes of other family members. On the road I have a Verizon Jetpack for wi-fi connectivity (uses the cellular network). If I trust a local "free" wi-fi (which I usually don't) I'll use it.

WRT the Jetpack, it's a great way to connect when away from home. It's relatively safe in that only I or someone to whom I've given the passphrase (which is fairly complex) can access it. Among other places, I've used it on the train to & from Florida. Using the Jetpack, I had an internet connection all the way both ways, with only a few "dead spots" along the way. Same with a train trip to Pittsburgh for USSVI convention. Also used it when I was in the hospital for various surgeries, etc. As long as cellular towers are within range, you have an Internet connection.

It's "pay as you go." I only pay for data when I plan to use the Jetpack. Data purchase is relatively inexpensive and is good for two months. Very handy. Recommended.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software