Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The Grampus and Pike were commissioned in ceremonies at Mare Island the same day, Thursday, the 28th of May 1903. A young naval officer, Lieutenant Arthur MacArthur III, older brother of General Douglas MacArthur, assumed command for both vessels at the same time.
Whispers From The Deep
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pedro
Posted 2017-05-08 10:26 AM (#84009)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Whispers From The Deep

The boat HMS Sealion is in anti-Jezebel routine:

AB (Part III trainee): "What do we do if we find Jezebel, Swain?"

Coxswain: "We rip off her negligee and draw lots for her."
----------

Stoker: "I need to get off this bloody boat as soon as it surfaces."

Chief Stoker: "Hope you're good at walking on water then."

Stoker: "No sweat. I'll just borrow the XO's sandals."
----------

"What will the new Coxswain (COB) be like?"

"Tough. The sort that eats sardines without bothering to open the cans.
_______

Coxswain in the process of explaining for the umpteenth time, the features of a submarine escape suit to a group of Part Three trainees, has just outlined the use of the distress whistle to them.

Trainee at the rear of the group says to his fellow trainee, " Okay, so I'm adrift in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. America is 1,000 miles that way and the UK is 600 miles the other way and all I have is a bloody plastic whistle. WTF is going on here?"
_________

A certain boat had a problem with cockroaches on return from the USA. They were everywhere except in the Galley - they obviously had taste. The engineers and medical staff got together to discover how resilient they were. Seven were collected and put into a large glass tube, the poison being used was included. The tube was sealed and strapped to the Top Hat in the Reactor Department. The submarine went critical and sailed on exercise. Sixty four days later when they shut down, they removed the tube - only to find there were now 14 cockroaches. This proved they could live and breed in the Reactor Compartment, but not in the Galley. Wise creatures indeed.

Pedro
Ric
Posted 2017-05-08 2:35 PM (#84010 - in reply to #84009)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Whispers From The Deep

Good ones!!!
Bob T
Posted 2017-05-09 2:13 PM (#84011 - in reply to #84009)

Senior Crew

Sea Devil, SS 400. Cockroaches infested the after battery. Mess cooks were instructed to knock on the bread locker door before opening so the 'roaches didn't stampede and upset the trim.
We caught some, painted racing stripes so we could tell them apart, and held cockroach races on the crew's mess table. We sent a letter to the people who documented race horse blood lines asking for pointers on keeping track of our noble steeds. Did not get a reply.
Change of command, a piece of fabric from the rag bale was left in the after battery so the cockroaches could make dress whites for the change of command ceremony. They chose not to participate.
Pedro
Posted 2017-05-10 6:50 AM (#84024 - in reply to #84011)

COMSUBBBS

Ha! Ha! Ha! Nice one Bob, I like it.

Pedro

Edited by Pedro 2017-05-10 6:51 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0